Skip navigation
flcntaylor
Currently Being Moderated

Needing help with Adobe Premiere Pro

Sep 7, 2013 7:07 PM

Yes, I know it is ancient but I still use it. I use it for my school's daily news broadcast. We capture our students as if they are presenting a live news program and then assemble in the timeline. We use a miniDV camcorder and firewire. Once we have all of the elements in the timeline, we then are able to play the timeline via the firewire (hooked to the camcorder) through the play/edit mode through a VCR out via coaxial cable to all of the classrooms in our school.

My current problem is that I encountered an error while creating a movie. I have a preset that saves versions every 3 minutes. I tried opening each of them but it just keeps saying it's loading but that is it...nothing ever comes on the screen. I moved a title slide (in a folder outside of the project folder destination) right before I had decided to make the movie. I did get one version to open---finally but thought...well, let's try a later one...so I don't have to "recreate" everything I had just done....then none of them would open...not even the one I got open.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on a different way to do what I am doing using newer technology...please share.

Finally, is there updates that maybe I need to download or something to continue to be able to use Premiere Pro???

Please share any and all suggestions...desperate in Missouri

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 7, 2013 7:22 PM   in reply to flcntaylor

Create a new project and import the old project into the new one.

If there is a problem with a header or something, that might solve it.

Also, delete all of your cache and preview files.

I can't remember how to reset all the preferences in that version. Perhaps my holding the Alt key while starting up the program, or was it the Shift key? Or both?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2013 8:47 PM   in reply to flcntaylor

Just remember to "Save As" now and then and increment the count from "Project Name - 1" to "Project Name - 2" and then 3, etc...

The auto save is fine for going back a little ways, but having a proper trail all the way back really helps.

Actually my project names become kind of strange. For example, if I shot a project named "Telecom Training" I might name the second version as "Telecom Training - after adding all clips and making subclips". Then the next one might be "Telecom Training - after rough cut on timeline", then "Telecom Training - after effects and transitions"...

In other words, I leave myself notes in the file names.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to flcntaylor

I read this twice... unless I am really missing something, I don't see WHICH version of PPro you are using

Answering all the questions in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840 would be good

I also don't see if you are Windows or Mac, plus there are no computer OS and hardware details

Did I somehow miss everything?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 7:54 AM   in reply to John T Smith

John,

Take a trip in the WABAC Machine.

Now, I could be wrong, but when the OP said "Yes, I know it is ancient but I still use it." I assume they meant the original version. The one without a number. The one some people called Premiere Pro 7, or Premiere 7. Or whatever. The one right after Premiere 6.

I remember having to go through the numbering explanation in my tutorials on Premiere Pro 1.5 since confusion reigned. You can still watch the introductory video and get my explanation starting around the 40 second mark.

But, as I said, I could have it wrong. They might have a different version.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to flcntaylor

Unfortunately there are no updates for Premiere Pro (1, 7 or whatever..)

Maybe the computer needs a fresh install.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to flcntaylor

[Moved to CS4 and Earlier.]

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers