I am trying to take the head off of one picture and put in on a head in another one. The only difference in the two photos is that my daughter is not smiling in one. Can anyone help, I have photoshop 11.
1. Use the various selection tools to select the smiling head. Feather the selection a few pixels to soften the edges.
2. Copy the selection to the clipboard (Edit > Copy).
3. Open the "bad" picture and paste from the clipboard (Edit > Paste). This places the smiling head on a new layer with transparent background.
4. Use the Move tool to resize the head if necessary. Also use the Move tool to position it on top of the old head.
5. You might have to do some additional work to remove any of the old head still visible. This might be, for example, cloning that excess with adjacent area.
If you are a PSE newbie and need specifics let us know.
You might also want to post both pictures in another message so we can offer guidance. To upload a picture into a message, click the camera icon.