Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Add Media - PE11 Only Adds Part of File

Sep 8, 2013 4:49 PM

I have a new project, used Add Media to add files from a folder. Windows reports the file size as 16 GB, as it should be. After multiple attempts, and using Organizer (which also sees 16 GB), plus 2 re-starts, PE11 still only brings in 1 minute 39 seconds of a 13 minute file, 65 MB. Any ideas?

Thanks

Duke

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2013 5:07 PM   in reply to Duke Green

Duke

Is that 16 GB the total of multiple files with varying file sizes? I get that impression when you mention a "13 minute file, 65 MB" in the description.

What are the properties of these files that you are trying to import with Premiere Elements 11 Windows? Are they all the same? I am looking for video and audio compression, frame rate, frame size, interlaced or progressive, pixel aspect ratio, file extension and such. What camera are these files coming from? Or are we talking about screen captures from anyone of a number of screen capture programs.

Do any of them import completely? Just how many of them are there in this 16 GB collection?

What  is the description of your computer resources and can we assume that Premiere Elements 11 is running on Windows 7 or 8 64 bit computer?

Backing up a little, you mention the Elements Organizer...I got the impression that you are using Add Media/Files and Folders/ and obtaining the files from the hard drive save location. How, if at all, does the Elements Organizer enter into your file import protocol? Could you clarify that point?

Please review and then let me know if I have misinterpreted any of your details.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 5:51 PM   in reply to Duke Green

Duke

You say that your footage "1080-60fps". From what I have read of the GoPro Hero3, I am assuming that is 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second and not "60i which would be 60 fields per second for interlaced video.

What do you have your Premiere Elements 11 Windows project preset set at? Did you do the set or did you let the program do it for you automatically. Sometimes it does that task OK, sometimes not. Although I suspect the Cineform.avi format as the major player in this issue, I would like to rule in or out the project settings in this case.

If you have 1080p60, the Premiere Elements 11 project preset should be

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

Check Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size to verify the set.

If the setting is as I have mentioned, you should see there

AVCHD 1080p square pixel

59.94 frames per second

1920 x 1080

respectively.

If that is not happening, then you set that project preset yourself before you import the video into the project. To do that, File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset as indicated. Before you exit the new project dialog, be sure to have a check mark next to Force Selected Project Setting on this Project. Then import your video with Add Media/Files and Folders from the hard drive save location. Is the hard drive save location an external hard drive or an internal drive other than the Local Disc C? If external hard drive, how it is formatted NTFS or FAT32?

Please review so that we can rule the above factors in or out.

If have a dusty recollection of Cineform import issue and file size, but I am not sure until I check to see how dusty my recollection is on that.

Thank you.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 5:56 PM   in reply to Duke Green

Duke Green

The following is the memory that was triggered by your thread issue.

The target is the Cineform.avi file size.

Please review and then let us know if any of that applies to your situation

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1235985

Looking forward to the outcome.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 8, 2013 7:21 PM   in reply to Duke Green

Duke,

I am so glad that worked out for you. The dust was flying everywhere as I tried to make that recollection.

Continued success.

And, much appreciated was the follow up to alert others to this type of issue.

Thanks again.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points