Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

copying vector shapes from illustrator to fireworks

Sep 8, 2013 5:12 PM

Tags: #illustrator #fireworks #copy_shape #copy_path

I've been having an issue with Adobe CC Fireworks. Every time I try to copy a vector shape or an image from illustrator and paste it to fireworks, I get this error: " Alert can't open the illustration". I am running OS 10.8.4. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 8, 2013 9:48 PM   in reply to avk513

The following post offers a workaround/fix for Fireworks CS6 users having trouble opening or importing Illustrator files on the Windows 7 platform. I'm not sure if this applies to you or not:

http://blogs.adobe.com/fireworks/2012/08/workaround-for-illustrator-fi le-open-and-import-issue-in-fireworks-cs6.html

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to avk513

Hi

I also just updated Illustrator and can no longer copy paths from Ai to Fireworks. pretty useless apps now.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2013 9:12 PM   in reply to avk513

Thanks for your reply.

I simply deleted CC and using CS6. I have done the same with other CC apps that simply do not offer anything new accept headaches and frustration.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2014 12:01 PM   in reply to avk513

I tried the drag and drop and it didn't work for me.

The only thing that worked was saving as EPS. Just remember to select the EPS version CS6 or earlier, because the EPS CC won't work either.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2014 12:03 PM   in reply to avk513

Save the illustrator file as Illustrator CS6 file, and then open it with fireworks, works perfectly

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points