Skip navigation
stevejner0401
Currently Being Moderated

PSE 11 not running in Windows 8?

Sep 9, 2013 4:12 PM

Tags: #windows #8

Greetings,

I installed PSE11 on Windows 8 machine and it ran fine once. Now it launches and I see it starting then dissapears. I think it is running in backround as i see it in task manager. I ran the compatability trouble shooter and used the recommended settings but problem persists. Also tried running as adminestrator and still same problem. The auto uploader runs fine as well but then I cant see organizer. I had the same issues with PSE10 but that ran fine on this same machine for a month. My problems started when i left PSE10 running and let the computer sleep, hybernate and eventually shut down. Ever since then PSE 10 and now PSE 11 wont run or runs in backround and I cant see them. I have unistalled and re-installed bioth to no avail. Do I need to do a PC recovery?

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Sep 11, 2013 1:15 AM   in reply to stevejner0401

Try making a direct shortcut for the Organizer and Editor. You can then launch the programs directly from the desktop bypassing the welcome screen. This is generally better as the welcome screen leaves background processes running.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer\PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

To launch, try right-clicking on the new desktop icons and choose “Run As Administrator” which often improves stability.

Then make a direct shortcut for the Editor in a similar manner.

On Windows, Right click anywhere on the desktop and select New >> Shortcut

Then click the browse button and navigate to:

"C:\Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 11\PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe"

Then click Next; then click Finish

N.B. navigate to Program Files on 32 bit systems.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Sep 12, 2013 1:44 AM   in reply to stevejner0401

If you can launch the Editor directly try clicking on the Organizer button on the bottom tool bar.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points