Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Flash Pro CC incompatible with windows 8.1

Sep 10, 2013 9:00 AM

Tags: #adobe #flash #windows #incompatible #cc #8.1

Hi,

I've installed adobe Flash Pro CC on windows 8.1 and it doesn't work  ! The program crashes...Does Adobe will correct this with a fix ?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2013 11:25 AM   in reply to Stephdidou

Could you please provide more information, such as the crash information (APPCRASH, something else, etc), your hardware (tablet, Desktop, Laptop, etc), and any other specs you know (Intel/AMD cpu, amount of RAM, etc).

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 8:02 AM   in reply to Stephdidou

Those numbers are pretty important to help diagnose what's going wrong. Is the text a traditional APP_CRASH?

Are you familiar with installing drivers? My next question would be (not knowing the release notes of 8.1), are your drivers WHQL (certified) for compatibility with 8.1. Sometimes upgrades can interfere with existing drivers. Check to see if your graphics and sound cards are up to date on drivers.

Do you have Photoshop? If so does it crash as well? Any other apps?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 8:54 AM   in reply to Stephdidou

If Photoshop opens that pretty much rules out the GPU drivers being an issue (unless for some reason you disabled it which I doubt).

I think you're right about 8.1. The tech requirements page hasn't been updated to say 8.1 yet at least:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/tech-specs.html

However the upgrade to 8.1 is mostly centered around user experience (having now read them). I honestly see nothing in the list of changes that has to do with graphics or audio which is usually the culprit.

That leaves storage. One thing I do note is desktop booting (no user/password). I wonder if this has changed something permissions-based. More specifically if there's more (mostly unncecessary) security under the hood on a file basis now that computers can boot to desktop. I don't have 8.1 so I can't say. To find out, just right-click on Flash and start it as Administrator and it would answer that question (no permission issues).

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 8:03 PM   in reply to Stephdidou

And there you have it :)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 1:01 AM   in reply to Stephdidou

This is a known issue with Flash Pro CC - GM build.

this crash has been fixed in the update that was released recently. Please update to 13.0.1.808 version and it should fix this.

Please reply if it still persists after the update.

-Sujai

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points