Skip navigation
pip printing 268
Currently Being Moderated

opening old CS Indesign files in the new CC version

Sep 10, 2013 12:47 PM

Having trouble opening old CS Indesign files in the new CC version...and ideas??

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to pip printing 268

Perhaps you can provide more information about exactly what type of problem you have opening older InDesign documents in InDesign 9.x? Error message, font problems, graphics, what?

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 1:29 PM   in reply to pip printing 268

Are the files on removeable media, or did they come from removeable media? They may be locked.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 1:43 PM   in reply to pip printing 268

Could still be a permission issue. Try opening as a copy.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to pip printing 268

I'm having the same problem having upgraded to Apple's Mavericks OS and Adobe InDesign CC, I can no longer for open files saved from 2001 in an early version of PageMaker/InDesign.

I get the dialog box which says," Cannot open the file 'xxxxx'. Adobe InDesign may not support the file format, a plug-in that supports the file format may be missing, with a file may be open in another application.

I have not seen a plug-in and the file is not open another application. So apparently Adobe InDesign CC is not compatible with some of the earlier versions of Adobe InDesign.

So far the only workaround I have found is to use on an older computer with Adobe InDesign CS6 (and Apple's Mountain Lion OS), open the file and then save it as a CS6 version. I can then open it in Adobe InDesign CC and then save it again in this new version. A bit tedious, but it does work.

Perhaps someone from Adobe has a better solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to voxdoc

InDesign CC does not open Pagemaker files.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to Bob Levine

Orphaned, I guess.

I'll keep my old InDesign CS6 version running for a few years to open old Pagemaker files as needed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points