Skip navigation
sadworld4804
Currently Being Moderated

can you take a clip and save just a portion of it as a seperate file?how?

Sep 10, 2013 1:18 PM

i need to slice a small portion of a clip and save it as a seperate file....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to sadworld4804

sadworld4804

The only way to get a clip out of Premiere Elements is via export. That will not give you the original file whole or a portion thereof. It is more than likely to change the original obviously or subtly. You can try to get as close a match as possible between original format and export opportunities, but...

If you have a clip on the Timeline and you only want to export a segment of it...

a. Adjust the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the segment for export.

To set the tabs...move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment and hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you hit the left bracket key [   then move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment and hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard as you hit the right bracket key ]

b. When you are in the sharing area of choice, it is critical that you have a check mark next to "Share WorkArea Bar Only".

I am not sure what the Google search will bring up. I did come across the following, but have not tried it.

http://www.avs4you.com/guides/How-to-cut-out-unnecessary-scenes-withou t-re-encoding.aspx

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points