Skip navigation
swampwizard55
Currently Being Moderated

Trouble logging in with my adobe ID

Sep 10, 2013 5:40 PM

Hello, I'm useing PE 8 and am having trouble logging on with my adobe ID. I'm getting error 400 and check network connections. I know I have a internet connection. Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 10, 2013 7:37 PM   in reply to swampwizard55

There is nothing to log into. Photoshop.com is gone. You should have received a bunch of emails about your photos there getting moved to Revel, but you can't use revel from within PSE. Sign out or click cancel, turn off backup/sync, and don't use the welcome screen. Go into the program files or program files(x86) and make a shortcut to the editor and/or organizer and use that to launch the program in the future.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 8:07 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

OK, Thanks.  I can get into the program by selecting organizer, but I still get the a message "the update server is not responding...".  Does Adobe no longer support PSE 8?  I just installed PSE on this computer from a dvd, so it is out of date as far as any updates are concerned.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 8:09 PM   in reply to aperture

No, adobe never supports any version of PSE after a new one comes out, and it doesn't support the current version much.

The only updates for PSE 8 are manually installed, so go to help>updates and when the updater tries to run, set it  not to check again. I'm assuming you're using the windows version, so the ACR updates (all the updates there are) are here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=40&platform =Windows

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 8:13 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

I'll give this a try.  Thanks for the information.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2013 8:15 PM   in reply to aperture

PSE11 is the current version and PSE12 should be out in a few days, or at least the last four versions of Elements have been released sometime in September.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points