Skip navigation
wendyfern
Currently Being Moderated

keyboard shortcuts not working in Photoshop CC

Sep 11, 2013 12:11 PM

I have photoshop CC through Creatuve cloud.  My keyboard shortcuts stop working, then photoshop really slows down, then crashes.  I've been through Adobe support five times now, and it works for about 1/2 hour, then acts up again.  Any suggestions/reciommendations?  Thanks - Wendy Caro

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to wendyfern

Hi wendyfern,

Please try to reset the preferences of Photoshop CC.

Mostly the corrupt preferences cause unexpected behavior.

Please refer following forum thread on "How to reset the preferences of Photoshop"

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/375776

Please let me know if still faicng the issue.

Regards,

Sumit Singh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 5:23 PM   in reply to wendyfern

Also, what OS version?

What does the crash report say?

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,931 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Sep 13, 2013 4:09 PM   in reply to wendyfern

Wendy is it all shortcuts or a few specifics?  Do you have other apps running that might steal shortcuts away, like screen grabbers etc.?  I have come across references for Wacom drivers causing the same problem for some shortcuts.  If you have a Wacom tablet, make sure you have the latest driver.  They go through more drivers than a taxi firm that doesn't pay it's employees.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to wendyfern

OK, other users don't seem to be seeing that behavior.

So we need to look at what on your system is different from other users': third party plugins, utilities, other applications, drivers for hardware (tablets, special keyboards, etc.), disk problems, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to Sumit Singh

What is the keyboard shortcut for hide selection in photoshop CC

n PS CS6 you could hide a selection with command h.

In PS CC that no longer works. What is the new kwrboard equivelant.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to Alan Septoff

That hasn't changed:  it's still command H, unless you change command H to hide the application.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2013 6:43 PM   in reply to wendyfern

I'm also having an issue where my Photoshop keyboard shortcuts aren't working properly (i.e. hitting "b" for brush, "z" for magnifying glass tool, etc) the command shortcuts such as Command+S for save, or Command+H for hide work fine. I'm running the most up-to-date version of Photoshop CC on MAC OSX 10.9 Mavericks. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Lauren

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2013 4:55 PM   in reply to wendyfern

I have the same problem but it appeared just after I updated OSX to Mavericks, I solve this by switching app, sometimes I have to do more than one time to make work the shortcuts again.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,931 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Dec 23, 2013 9:36 PM   in reply to Rável

Rável wrote:

I have the same problem but it appeared just after I updated OSX to Mavericks, I solve this by switching app, sometimes I have to do more than one time to make work the shortcuts again.

There have been reports of keyboard shortcuts, and Workspace problems with Mavericks.  I am a PC user so have no idea if the fixes work

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1237273

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 23, 2014 6:34 PM   in reply to Chris Cox

Other users are definitely experiencing this. 

When selecting text with a missing font, and choosing not to replace it, keyboard shortcuts stop working until you reopen the PSD.

Please advise.

Mac OSX 10.9

PS CC

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 23, 2014 3:27 AM   in reply to jonhenry.righter

I am also having this problen since the update to Photoshop CC 14.2. The 14.2.1 update did not fix this and the problem was not there before 14.2.

My problem is when a file is first opened, the key short cuts do not work. You need to physically click on the selection tool before any of the key shortcuts work. After clicking on the sleection tool I can then use all the key shortcuts as normal. This behaviour is repeated every time a new file is opened. Photoshop does not crash.

I am on a Mac, OSX 10.8.5

I am also using a Wacom Intuos 5 with the latest driver 6.3.7-3.

FYI, I have seen significant slow down across the Adobe CC apps since a big Creative Cloud update a few weeks ago that introduced Photoshop CC 14.2 and InDesign 9.2 (which continues to be MUCH slower than CS6).

The problems and slow down are NOT repeated on other identical Macs in our studio that do not have Wacom tablets. I believe the finger can be squarely pointed  at the Adobe/Wacom interface and both sides need to take a good look at their inter-workings.

Tom.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points