Skip navigation
ashnicole3
Currently Being Moderated

please help! error burning to dvd r

Sep 11, 2013 6:52 PM

Ive tried twice. I created a video for my cousins funeral tomorrow. I really need this. To work

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 11, 2013 6:53 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

See what I wrote in reply #1 in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1294066

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 7:51 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

It is the details that will expedite matters. You are cutting to very close on this troubleshooting, but let us see what we can do.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system?

What specific error message are you getting from Premiere Elements burn to disc DVD disc?

Encoding menus

Encoding Media

Compling Media

Burning

In the burn dialog what does it say in the Quality Area for Space Required and Bitrate?

Do you have a check mark next to Fit Contents to Available Space?

Do you have a disc menu for this DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? If so, did you leave enough space between the markers so that they are not sitting on top of one another? Are you using stop markers on the Timeline? If you have one at the very end of the last item on the Timeline, get rid of it.

Do you think that we can get in some expedited troubleshooting in the next few hours? But you need to answer what I ask so that I can plot troubleshooting strategy as we go.

Do you have any other thread active on this matter at this time?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 8:21 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

The Tutorials page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

There are links on that page about sharing... with a link about sharing to DVD

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 8:31 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

Here is the plan. I would really like to know what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running. Right now I am assuming at least Windows as the operating system.

So, in the name of trying to expediate matters, let us do this if you have really taken your Timeline and gotten through the Share/Disc/DVD burn to Folder (4.7 GB) and have that saved folder with a VIDEO_TS Folder in it.

Do you have such a saved folder with a VIDEO_TS Folder in it?

If so, we will burn that to DVD disc to get the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with a free program named ImgBurn.

At this point, details are important to keep the communication channels moving effectively and rapidly.

Please, supply the details.

Coming attraction...if all is as said, you will be getting that VIDEO_TS Folder to DVD using the following

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

The download information for the free ImgBurn is included in the link.

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 8:55 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

Thanks for the additional information.

Have you tried the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD and the choice of burn to: Folder (4.7 GB)?

If not try that and see if that goes to completion.

If worse comes to worse, we might consider exporting the Timeline to DV AVI standard or widescreen (whichever you have) and maybe involving the funeral director to project that from a computer playback onto a screen???

But let us keep a positive thought for the burn to disc or folder right now.

Thanks.

AATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 9:04 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

That 2130932483 has at times been associated with what are called compiling errors. But, I am not sure where that 2131042562 came from. Did the error messages switch on you and are they all coming after you hit burn.

At this point I am not sure if burn to folder or exporting to a file is going to resolve the issue.

It could be that you have a defect in the way the project was put together on the Timeline.

If none of the routes mentioned so far are working, then go into the Expert workspace, expand the Timeline to get a good look at what is going on there. Look for:

a. slivers/leftovers, they usually present a very thin black vertical lines scattered about the Timeline track content

b. look for gaps

c. look for misplaced transitions

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 9:09 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole

You may be misunderstanding burn to folder.

After you set for burn to Folder (4.7 GB) and hit burn, does it error out or go to completion?

And, before you hit burn, what is set as the save location in that burn dialog?

If you are getting a successful (no error) burn to folder, then go to the location for the saved folder, open the folder and look for a VIDEO_TS Folder in that folder.

How far do you get with the suggestion?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

How many video and audio tracks are you working with? Just Video 1 and Audio 1 or other?

Other information of importance

a. what is on that Timeline...

photos, how many, what size in terms of pixel dimensions

videos, what format

b. did you set the project preset or did you just go with whatever the project set

c. are you going for DVD-VIDEO widescreen 16:9 or 4:3

d. what do you see in the burn dialog for Space Required and Bitrate

All important...let us see how far we get on this line.

Then with that information we can decide whether a new project would help. You cannot import one project.prel into another.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

That was great news if you have a completed VIDEO_TS Folder.

Right now go with whatever Speed your disc supports.

Let us get that VIDEO_TS on the DVD disc as DVD-VIDEO.

Are you OK with the details in the link that I gave you for ImgBurn and the VIDEO_TS Folder?

If not, I will go step by step with you through that once you have ImgBurn downloaded and installed.

Sounding very good if you have the VIDEO_TS.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 9:52 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

The burn speed has never been a critical factor for me with regard to "little blurry". Slower is not a generalized better. The speed rating for the burner and the disc all factor in. What are they?

It could have been your project settings or your Timeline content.

All the details that go into one of these creations factors in.

So many questions and so little time.

Let us see what the overview is of what is produced.

We will be watching for your results for a little longer. It is pushing 1 am where I am.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2013 10:25 PM   in reply to ashnicole3

ashnicole3

I am not sure what you intend for "recopy it into a new project"...there is no copy/paste between projects unless you are using a 3rd party software such as ClipMate. That worked OK for a few earlier versions. It works OK with version 11, except that it has an issue with the copy/paste insert of the transitions.

It is always important to set up the project so that the project preset matches the properties of your source media. Premiere Elements 11 takes over setting an automatic project preset but does not always do the job OK. That is when you need to step in to set the project preset manually before importing the media.

If you are talking 1080p60, can I assume that you have more than photos in this presentation.

Lots to talk about with regard to source media properties, project settings, and export goals and expectations and settings. There is not much you can do with the burn to DVD settings. But, if you go into exporting a file to save to your computer hard drive, then we can get into export setting customization.

I am about to call it a day.

My sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your cousin. The thoughts and love behind your video presentation will shine through.

ATR.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to ashnicole3

>images are coming out a little blurry

Go to the FAQ list http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_ faq?view=all

Click Why isn't my DVD as clear and detailed as my original footage?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points