Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Keep several Bridge windows open after restart

Sep 12, 2013 12:00 AM

Tags: #bridge #cs6 #window

Hello,

in Bridge CS5.5 I was able to have several windows open in Bridge at the same time and find these same windows open back again after a restart of the app or the Mac. In CS6 that's no longer the case, only one window remains.

How can I change that back?

Thanks for any hint!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 7:15 AM   in reply to complotoli

What do you call "several windows open"?  Are these panels, or several instances of Bridge, or something else?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 8:46 AM   in reply to complotoli

OK, if you are talking about multiple instances of Bridge only 2 things I could see would control this.  If it is Bridge, and you have "start bridge at login" enabled then any changes you make will not be remembered unless you shut down by clicking on File/Exit.

If this is not the case it has to be something in the OS to open program to last configuration. 

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 19, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to complotoli

Bridge CS 5.1 keeps my windows, version CS6 doesn't, that's all I know, sorry.

Didn't test it but it might be OS related, although I can't find this setting in the system preferences. To my knowledge per default Bridge opens always with 1 window after restart, at least that was my result for as long as I can remember and I use Bridge from version 1.  In 10.8 you have the option to open all previous windows after restart but even with this set to on it always restarts with only one window pointed to the last used folder from the previous setting.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points