• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC fails to open after updated to 14.1.1

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was informed by the cloud manager that photoshop had an update to version 14.1.1. And it said that this update fix some crash which might happen on version 14.1. Then I chose to update it. However, after the update downloaded and installed, I couldn't open my photoshop. The only output I got was a warning window says that "couldn't find the entrance on the photoshop.exe". And I uninstall and reinstall photoshop, then update once again, but I still get the same result. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

The warning window looks like this.(I use the Simplified Chinese version, therefore I get the Chinese warning...) And since I have tried many times, I have to disable the update check till it is fixed.

warning.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Thx for your reply. Since I used only 64bit version before, I thought that maybe the error had something to do with the version. So I tried reinstall both 32bit and 64bit version and update them both to 14.1.1 today, surprisingly, they both worked! Now I can't explain why the original 64bit version of photoshop cc had that error...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kunhuang have you tried removing Photoshop CC using the Programs and Features control panel and then reinstalling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I uninstall it and reinstall for at least three times. But still got the same warning.

I use the offline package to reinstall photoshop cc. Should I try reinstall it with the Creative Cloud program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kunhuang,

Uninstall the program from control panel and try installing from hidden admin account: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vist... and let us know whether still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your reply. Since I used only 64bit version before, I thought that maybe the error had something to do with the version. So I tried reinstall both 32bit and 64bit version and update them both to 14.1.1 today, surprisingly, they both worked! Now I can't explain why the original 64bit version of photoshop cc had that error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'm having the exact same issue. When I try to run the program through the 64-bit version I get the exact same error. When I run photoshop through the 32-bit version, I don't get the error at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling creative cloud and photoshop and still get this error. The issue only happens though when I upgrade from 14.0 (or maybe 14.1) to 14.1.1. It works fine otherwise. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines