Skip navigation
Kunhuang
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CC fails to open after updated to 14.1.1

Sep 12, 2013 8:50 AM

I was informed by the cloud manager that photoshop had an update to version 14.1.1. And it said that this update fix some crash which might happen on version 14.1. Then I chose to update it. However, after the update downloaded and installed, I couldn't open my photoshop. The only output I got was a warning window says that "couldn't find the entrance on the photoshop.exe". And I uninstall and reinstall photoshop, then update once again, but I still get the same result. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

The warning window looks like this.(I use the Simplified Chinese version, therefore I get the Chinese warning...) And since I have tried many times, I have to disable the update check till it is fixed.

warning.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 12:46 PM   in reply to Kunhuang

Kunhuang have you tried removing Photoshop CC using the Programs and Features control panel and then reinstalling?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 5:06 AM   in reply to Kunhuang

Hi Kunhuang,

Uninstall the program from control panel and try installing from hidden admin account: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-adminis trator-account-on-windows-vista/ and let us know whether still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 6:05 AM   in reply to Kunhuang

So I'm having the exact same issue. When I try to run the program through the 64-bit version I get the exact same error. When I run photoshop through the 32-bit version, I don't get the error at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling creative cloud and photoshop and still get this error. The issue only happens though when I upgrade from 14.0 (or maybe 14.1) to 14.1.1. It works fine otherwise. Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points