Skip navigation
thejohnnys
Currently Being Moderated

Audio Help

Sep 12, 2013 2:37 PM

When I add a clip to the time line it does not always add the audio portion of the clip.If it does add audio it will often not add the whole audio to the clip. Sometimes if I move the ctl over it will add the audio but only afew seconds past the ctl.This can be quite time consuming when I have a long clip. Have I forgotton to set something up corectly.I am in the Expert mode although I am certainly not an expert. Any help would be mich appreciated. Thanks, Robert

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to thejohnnys

Robert,

Based on your prior threads, I am assuming that you are still working with Premiere Elements 11. Is that Windows 7 or 8 64 bit or other?) A description of your computer resources would be helpful if needed.

First thing we need to discuss is what are the properties of what you are putting on that Expert workspace Timeline?

a. what camera is it coming from

b. what is the file's video compression, audio compression, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, and pixel aspect ratio?

We could try to find out from your camera's brand/model or better from a video properties readout from MediaInfo.

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Then we have to look at what project settings you are using. Premiere Elements 11 does not always give you the correct project preset for your project. So, once we know the properties of the video, we can decide if the program did the project preset setting OK or whether we will have to set it ourselves before we import the video into the project.

That brings up the question of how you are importing the video into the project...

a. Add Media/Files and Folders/

b. Other

Let us go through the above to gather the needed information to plan troubleshooting strategy and then decide what next.

Any chance your video is what is called Cineform.avi coming from a GoPro camera?

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 6:53 PM   in reply to thejohnnys

Robert,

That was very good news. Thanks for the follow up.Great job.

As you suggested, there may have been an audio conforming process that took a little longer than usual to complete. Usually you can see the conforming progress in a bar at the bottom of the interface. That conforming needs to be completed before continuing in the project.

As for the audio compression...if we ever need to know that we can put the video with its audio through the MediaInfo to get a readout.

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

But right now, since everything is going so well, I do not see that information as an immediate troubleshooting aid.

Your present work sound so interesting and rewarding. One of these days I have got to get started in that direction.

Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points