Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Removing pw-protection from multiple documents using v. 11.0.4

Sep 12, 2013 5:45 PM

Tags: #password_security #v. #11.0.4

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I'm at my wit's end after wasting an hour and a half with an Adobe chat person who couldn't figure this out.

In previous versions of Acrobat, one was able to add pw-protection to multiple documents at once using the batch process, and conversely, one was able to REMOVE that pw-protection using a similar batch process. I now have about 150 documents that all have the same password, which I must remove because of the need for edits. In v. 11.0.4, however, this capability seems to have disappeared. The chat support person said the only way to do it was to create an Action, but then be willing to re-enter the pw for each and every file! 150 times! Surely we haven't gone backwards in this version?! Say it ain't so!

If anyone knows how to do this, I would be very grateful. It seems a shame that I would have to revert to an older version to get this job done (with the hassle of uninstalling/installing to boot).

Thanks,

Gail

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2013 8:00 PM   in reply to gbergan52

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 4:22 AM   in reply to gbergan52

Yes, it will remove either (and if you have certificate-based protection to remove - and you have the credentials - you can use the same thing, just change the security method for batch processing to Certificate instead of Password).

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 9:51 AM   in reply to gbergan52

You should be looking in the Action Wizard panel, not the Protection panel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 10:35 AM   in reply to gbergan52

If you want to overwrite the existing files, use the version I've attached to this post.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points