Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Plugin Type

Sep 12, 2013 6:04 PM

Hello,

in the FAQs of the Photoshop API's documentation it is said, that there are seven types of plugins, Import, Export, File Format, Filter, Selection, Color Picker, and Automation.

Which category does a "controller plugin" match? I'm thinking of a plugin processing external events to change brushsize while painting for example.

The newer generation of Wacom tablets feature using the rotate-tool/move-tool via multitouch or controlling the flow-property of brushes using the wheel on the Wacom airbrush. Is that functionality accessible via the Photoshop API? The documentation says in the FAQs: No plug-in tools.[...]No plug-in brushes.

I'm a bit confused. On the one hand the API seems very strict regarding what can be done and what can't be done, but on the other hand, plugins like BLUWIs lalala exist which I can't fit in any of the allowed categories. (http://vimeo.com/20951037)

I hope you can help me seeing things more clearly.

Thank you in advance.

Andrej

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to Andrej Elbers

Does it actually exist. I couldn't find it to download. Does it work for you? My guess, if it existed, was that it listened to events, via listener, and tracked what tool was selected. Then it had a separate application watching mouse downs and mouse ups and played sounds accordingly.

My guess is that it is a cool video. (2 years ago) I did see this on thepluginsite.com "The Bluwi Lalala plugin for Photoshop (for MacOS X 10.5) makes a sound when selecting tools. Not all tools and buttons make a sound, mostly the shortcuts.

Visit website..."

That makes it sound like the plugin was playing a sound when a tool was selected and NOT during mouse up and mouse down events.

But, having said that, we have many developers that attempt to change the system menus and do other things that we don't recommend. Some are more successful than others. Most of them have to come out with new versions each time the OS changes version and each time Photoshop changes version.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points