Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

AU CC: VST 64-Bit Plug-In Effects?

Sep 13, 2013 3:38 AM

Hey guys, how do we get our 64-Bit Plug-In Effects into the VST Effect Racks in Audition CC?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to Aaron Mulqueen

Open the Audio Plug-in Manager from the Edit menu and make sure that the folder where your 64 bit VSTs are stored is added to the list before Rescanning.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to Aaron Mulqueen

Whoops, sorry. My bad. I knew the menu began with E.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 4:04 PM   in reply to ryclark

I'm using Audition CC (upgraded from CS6) on a Windows 7 system.

I can't get the mulitband compressor to use any new favorite that I save.  The Tighter Bass preset works well...and saves as a favorite; but when I go to use that favorite I get this message:

"The 'Mulitband Comp- Tighter Bass2' could not be applied because effects used in the favorite is disabled.  Make sure to enable VST effects by to Effects > Audio Plug-In Manager"

I've tried the Jbridge that I read about...however, isn't CS6 a 64 bit system, too?

Can you help?

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,601 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 10, 2014 4:32 PM   in reply to justmyvoice@yahoo.com

justmyvoice@yahoo.com wrote:

I've tried the Jbridge that I read about...however, isn't CS6 a 64 bit system, too?

No, Audition CS6 is 32-bit only. Where has your preset come from? CS6 or CC? If you create a preset in an effect in CC and try to use it as a favourite, then it should work fine. If it's a CS6 preset though, the situation might be different, although why parameters wouldn't transfer is a bit of a mystery... I'll have a look in the morning.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 10, 2014 4:46 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

I had no issues using any presets…or favorites from presets in CS6.  After upgrading to CC (from CS6) my multiband compressor favorites would not work.  For them to work I would have to go through the ‘effects, Amp and comp, multiband compressor…etc.  Saving any effect as a favorite shows on my favorites dropdown menu but they don’t apply the effect (instead, I get the error message).    I looked into the VST Plugins….downloaded JBridger…and followed the directions.  I get the same outcome.

Rich Brennan

JustMyVoice Production

<mailto:JustMyVoice@yahoo.com> JustMyVoice@yahoo.com

<http://www.justmyvoice.com/> www.JustMyVoice.com

516-454-0859

516-702-6507 (cell)

Facebook:   <https://www.facebook.com/pages/JustMyVoice-Production/129994088072> JustMyVoice Production

Twitter  <https://twitter.com/JustMyVoiceProd> @JustMyVoiceProd

After it’s all done and over with, what you’re left with is:  JustMyVoice.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points