Skip navigation
CNSMorris
Currently Being Moderated

Any edits in Acrobat 9.5 cause error (109)

Sep 13, 2013 1:30 PM

Tags: #error #9 #files #windows #create_pdf

Good Afternoon,

I'm not sure what has changed recently, but a large part of my firm has started experiencing error (109) whenever they attempt to save after editing a pdf document. Most of them are on 9.5.5, a few are on 9.5.3.

My first advisement was to print the document to PDF and save that to their desktop in order to maintain their changes so they could then reupload to Sharepoint or bring the file into a binder in Engagement (accounting software), assuming some sort of interaction with the network was causing the error. However, that didn't make the error (109) go away. Even files that were printed to pdf and saved on the desktop cannot be edited and resaved on the desktop without that error reoccuring.

If it was one or two users, I'd suspect a rogue program of some sort was causing incompatibility issues, but it's getting into the low 30s now and I'm hoping to get this solved.

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 16, 2013 9:29 AM   in reply to CNSMorris

What type of operating system are you running Acrobat 9 on?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to CNSMorris

One quick thing to check is if Windows Preview is being used in the windows open/save dialog.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 6:32 AM   in reply to CNSMorris

What tool is used to generate these PDF documents? You can check under File > Properties > Description tab. Also, in the same dialog, are there any unusual fonts?

Do you have the Pro. version of Acrobat around? Have you tried using Preflight to see if there are any syntax errors or font errors? It may be that the point update of Acrobat is more strick on determining the validity of the PDF and it's exposing something that a earlier version of Acrobat 9 did not. This can happen on PDF documents created using 3rd party tools, which are not necessarily formed properly.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points