Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Elements is asking me to update my display?

Sep 13, 2013 7:34 PM

Tags: #display #down #load #latest #driver_updates

Each time I open Elements a window pops up asking me to update my display drivers. Now you have to buy them for $29.95 no free updates anymore? I need the latest version of Intels version 9,2,0,1034. Can anyone suggest something other than purchasing it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2013 10:10 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

I have never seen that you have to pay for any driver downloads.

What is your operating system?  What is your display adapter?

See also http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2013 10:35 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Are you sure that you're not seeing messages from some kind of utility like DriverScanner ($29.95) offering to scan your system and find updated drivers

e.g. http://download.cnet.com/DriverScanner-2013/3000-2094_4-10891366.html

Can you upload a screenshot showing where you're being asked to pay $29.95 to update your display driver?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 1:22 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

1st, Display driver & Baddriver http://forums.adobe.com/message/4943624 message may help

2nd, go to Intel's web site to see if there is a driver update for your model... for FREE

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 1:35 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Captain Bob Santangelo,

I had just got finished writing the following when I recalled a recent thread of yours.

Those video card driver updates are best from the web site of the manufacturer of your video card. And, typically these driver updates are free.

So, you would go the Intel web site and plug in the information needed to get you to the right video card driver for your installed video card.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

It may turn out that you already have the latest driver. In that case, what you want to do is delete the BadDrivers.txt file.

To get to the Premiere Elements BadDrivers.txt file involved, in Windows 7 64 bit, the path would be:

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Folder with your version number

and in that folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

But, you need to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see that complete path.

STOP...I just remembered....see below

We have been there and done this together in the following thread which included graphics. And, it worked then for you. Let us give this another try.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1258246

Thanks. We will be watching for your successful outcome. If you did it before, you can get this to work for you again. Please keep that thought.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 8:36 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Captain Bob Santangelo please be aware that you are posting to a publicly accessible forum.  I have edited the signature in your two previous postings to remove your private information.  I would recommend temporarily turning off your e-mail signature if you wish to respond via e-mail.  Alternately you can view the discussion thread in your web browser by choosing the option to the View the full discussion.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

>Hopefully this isn't for public viewing if it is please remove it.

ALL messages here are available for public viewing... which means that when you post via email, your SIG information may be "harvested" by spammers

Jeff asked that you not post your SIG LINE information

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Captain Bob Santangelo,

When you post a thread with telephone numbers and contact information included the way you have been and the way you did in the post #8, one of the moderators will come along and delete all the personal contact information that is getting included with your messages. They want to protect you and your contact information from nusiances. I am not one of the moderators so I cannot delete anyone else's posts, and I do not know enough about how the web site is constructed to help you post differently. I will try to get one of the moderators to contact you to straighten out the posting matter. Some claim that help on how to format these posts can be obtained by posting in the Forum Comments Forum to ask for advise to avoid the nuisances.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

But, on to the Premiere Elements program side of things.

If you are comfortable with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, stay with it. Premiere Elements 11 has undergone a big change in where things are. You can do it, but it will take time, and it might be frustrating at times when you cannot find a feature that you are used to using. That can be the case for all, not just you. However, we can always help if you have a question. If you need special features in a video editor that version 9.0/9.0.1 does not have, then that will force your decision on what to do.

And, keep in mind, the in a very short time, a new version of Premiere Elements will be released..more new features and changes to adjust to. No one but Adobe knows what the new version will bring. If you decide that you need a later version of the program, consider downloading and installing the free 30 day tryout of the current version to see if it meets your video editing needs and if it it compatible with your computer environment.

The keys to success with these programs are stick-to-it-tiveness and a want to create something meaningful. You have those qualities.

But, let us clear old business away..

1. Are you OK with your video card, video card driver, and any display card/display card driver messages popping up?

2. Is your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 working OK for your present video editing needs?

Remember, if you can see what you posted in the Premiere Elements Forum Discussion page, everyone else can also...those of us who want to help and those who opt to create nuisances.

Best wishes,

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 1:31 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Captain Bob Santangelo

All of us have the same problem, that is, not being able to sign in with the Adobe ID and Password...involves Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements, multi versions.

Ignore that. It is Adobe's doing and is related to photoshop.com no longer being part of the Elements deal. Adobe Revel is now being marketed as a photo sharing site. For what you are doing, I do not believe you need to be concerned about Adobe Revel. When and if you need photo sharing, then that is another matter.

For now, open Premiere Elements, ignore the requests or lures for a sign in for Adobe ID and Password, and continue with your everyday importing, editing, and export.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to waterworshipper

Bob, please be careful about posting responses from your phone or mobile device. Your every post includes yoru full name, phone number and e-mail address -- making you easy prey for spambots!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points