Skip navigation
Alessandro Castagnini 56 posts
Nov 6, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Can't update Photoshop to 14.1.1 release

Sep 14, 2013 1:42 AM

As per title.

I tried almost everything. I uninstalled the Creative Cloud updater, and reinstalled. I removed the temp files from the hidden MAC folders.

But, still I keeping on getting the error message I'm not connected to the internet and, of course, I am.

In order to verify the proper connection (as well as the firewall setup and things like that), I've tried downloading another software (in this case was the Extended toolkit) and enerything went smoothly with no errors whatsoevere.

So, looks like it's just the Photoshop update which is not working (error's screen shot attached).

Any ideas?

I run on a MBP updated few days ago to the last ML 10.8.5 (could it be the reason?).

Alessandro.

P.S.: Right now, I'm connected wireless through the company server/connection, but it hasn't ever been a problem to update softwares.

Screen Shot 2013-09-14 at 9.12.01 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

Xaci_68 I would recommend reviewing the steps listed in Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-i ssues.html.  This covers many of the common causes of not being able to connect to the Internet.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 7:38 PM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

Same here. When I tried Adobe Crestive Cloud Desktop. Photoshop CCis shown as up to date. And when I sterted Photoshop, then click Help-Updates, there is no update show up. It stated that Photoshop is up to date.

Ending up, I cannot get my Photoshop update to 14.1.1. I have even tried download the patch itself, and the installation fail. It stated that the update is not valid for my Photoshop

Help please

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 12:01 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

The link has been deleted from the forum

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 12:05 AM   in reply to sanchaithw

Here is the link. Try it but for me it did not work. Update failed

http://prodesigntools.com/swupdl/updates/oobe/aam20/mac/AdobePhotoshop CCSupport-14.0/14.1.1/setup.dmg

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 9:57 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

Here is what I have done to solve he prolem. Try it. This may help

1. Uninstall Photoshop CC

2. Reinstall it as Trial

3. Run Photoshop CC, then hit Help-Update. The 14.1.1 update will show up and install rope fly.

4. Activate Photoshop .CC 14.1.1 with a valid aubscption ID and serial key.

This solve my problem. Now running 14.1.

Hope this help

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

Xaci_68 at 49% it is likely that you are facing and installation failure.  I would recommend reviewing the installation logs for Photoshop CC.  Please see Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc. html for information on how to locate and interpret the installation log files.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

You might also to check if there is a file permission error.  Those are common when seeing messages about being unable to delete a folder.  Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html provides steps on how to resolve file permission errors.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 11:28 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

Hi Xaci, if you're not able to complete a large download from the CC direct links then that is likely an issue with your Internet connection, rather than a problem on the Adobe side... 

These are large files so definitely make sure you have a strong and reliable (wired) online connection, and not Wi-Fi.  Try another browser or computer or connection if you have to.

There have been other customers who've had difficulty getting their Photoshop CC to update to version 14.1/Generator, but some have had success applying the patch manually if all else fails – see:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1297439

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

xaci_68 wrote:

....maybe here in Qatar offshore, they didn't like your servers... 

Indeed, these are big downloads and if you don't have a solid/fast Internet connection then it can be a challenge getting everything over http with no hiccups.

But glad to hear you're back up and running for now.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 6:55 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

Hey Alessandro, very glad to hear you got it all sorted out and thanks for circling back here to let us know.

So in the future for any other folks in your situation – customers with slow or unstable Internet connections – getting started by ordering a CC disc from Adobe would probably be the most reliable option.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to ProDesignTools

Good suggestion ProDesignTools.  Please be aware though that the discs which are available are only updated periodically.  If you are facing difficulties downloading an update the needed files may not be included.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 9:38 AM   in reply to Alessandro Castagnini

How come I can't update even using the "Direct Patches"?

What is wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Royi A

Royi A everything needed to diagnose the particular error you are receiving is already available within this discussion thread. 

Please review your installation logs and if the errors are not identical to those referenced in this discussion then I would recommend starting a new discussion with the specific of the errors you are receiving and which operating system you are using.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points