Skip navigation
ianealing
Currently Being Moderated

How do I switch off automatic transitions?

Sep 14, 2013 8:20 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements_11 #annoying_automatic_transitions

I have Premiere Elements 11. Every time I import a film from the Organiser to the timeline, transitions are automatically inserted between each scene. How do I stop this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2013 10:31 AM   in reply to ianealing

janealing

Until proven otherwise, there are no "adjusts" for the Elements Organizer 11's with regard to "automatic video transitions" placement associated with "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor". It is what it is.

Here is what I am seeing....if you use Edit with Premiere Elements Editor in Elements Organizer 11 for just 3 jpg photos, yes you will get the automatic default video transition placement. But, if I do the same thing with just video, no I do not get the automatic video transition placement.

In your question, are you referring to a mix on the Expert workspace Timeline...jpgs and videos?

Obviously import one at a time from Elements Organizer 11 or just using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from the hard drive save location of the files would take care of the matter.

Let me think about this some more.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to ianealing

janealing

Here are a few areas for you to explore as I explore some possibilities.

1. Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace

Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the "Apply Transition on Smart Trim" option

2. Tools Menu at the top of the Premiere Elements 11 Expert Workspace/Smart Trim

When you click on Smart Trim under Tools Menu, a horizontal banner appears near the top of the interface. To the right on the banner is "Smart Trim Options". Set that for "manual" and save. What was it on before?

3. Elements Organizer 11 workspace

Edit Menu/Preferences/Media-Analysis and all the options under that category.

More later.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 2:08 PM   in reply to ianealing

janealing

How did you finally get that automatic trimming to stop. Did the manual set and save do that? For you, were the MediaAnalysis options in the Elements Organizer involved also?

Still thinking about the automatic transitions since the workflow involved continues to behave here as described previously....no automatic video transitions when video, automatic video transitions when stills.

I will try to pin that down some more.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 8:20 PM   in reply to ianealing

Ian R

Good job.

But, I would ask...are you still getting auto transitions with videos as well as stills in Premiere Elements when you use Elements Organizer 11's Edit with Premiere Elements Editor command?

If so, what are the properties of these videos? I am not sure if that information would be a lead in to targeting the issue for you. I have tried some AVCHD.mov as well as MPEG4.avi and got the same - no auto transitions with only videos and auto transitions with only stills.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 6:14 AM   in reply to ianealing

IanR

Thanks for the update.

I think that you made a good decision.

Some claim that filing one of those Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Forms helps to get your voice heard about

such features. The following is the link

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

At this point, it is not clear to me just how much of what you are experiencing is a feature versus a bug. I will do some more work on this using various versions of the program to see if I can detect a pattern to explain the behavior that you see.

The follow up was much appreciated.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points