Skip navigation
Matinciel
Currently Being Moderated

Playback composite on second screen while multicam on first screen ?

Sep 14, 2013 11:39 AM

Tags: #reference_monitor #second_screen #multicam_issue

Hi there,

What I try to do is :

(maybe the screen shot will help to understand)

I've got a sequence with two cameras linked together and an other third camera which should be always visible on screen (some kind of picture in picture effect).

So my I want to see the multi cam sequence in my first screen and the composite playback on the second screen.

Actually, I can get this but the third video is only showing on the composite when paused (not during playback). That's to say a select a frame manualy in the timeline (third camera is showing up in second screen), I play the video the third camera disappear from second screen...

Is this the normal behaviour ?

Is there any way to get the result I want ?

So on the left my main screen, on the right my second screen. (on the right you can see the camera with nexus screen, not the green screen).

On my main screen, I ve got the multicam monitro where I don't see my third camera but this is not a problem.

OK-third-camera.jpg

When I push play I got this (see the black line on the left of the second screen third camera not showing up).

NOK-no-third-camera.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help !

PS : I've seen some posts with reference monitor, I try this but it seems not to playback in the same time as the multicam so not what I want.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to Matinciel

Create and cut the multicam with the first two clips as you normally would.  When that's done, then go in and add the third camera to the cut multicam sequence on V2.  Use the Position effect to move it where desired in the frame.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to Matinciel

There is not.  Multicam can only show you the cameras in the multicam sequence.

You could add the third camera to the multicam sequence temporarily, then cut between the other two cameras and when that's done, remove the third camera..

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 2:55 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

I had been wondering somthing similar to the OP but for a different functionality , so it is really not possible to have two program monitors, one set to multicam one to composite so that you can see transitions and transparency ?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to Troy_w1

There is only one Program Monitor.  You can either view that, or you can view the Multicam Monitor, but not both.

Having said that, there is an update coming next month which will show you effects and transitions in the Multicam Monitor.

Having said that, you really should be doing the multicam cut first and effects and transitions after, so this would be a moot point.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points