Skip navigation
Jerry_Flip316
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 "No media present"

Sep 14, 2013 1:35 PM

Tags: #adobe #windows #8 #premiere_elements_11

I'm new to using Premiere Elements 11.  Everything was going smoothly until I tried to burn an AVCHD project to disc.  Got the message "No media present" which mean the burn button wasn't available.  I notice another discussion on this where the solution was to burn the project to a folder, then burn the DVD using a program ImgBurn. 

(1) I'm not comfortable downloading this program (how do I know it's safe?).

(2) I've got a brand new Toshiba laptop (12 GB)/Windows 8.  Everything is new and updated... Is there an Adobe fix to this problem?  Like a program patch???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 14, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to Jerry_Flip316

Jerry,

No patches.

ImgBurn does have some strange, but helping messages while it operates, but is a highly effective program. I have it on Windows 7 64 bit and Window 8 64 bit and have not had any problems with it over the course of several years. If you target the download button for ImgBurn, no problems. And, you control what gets installed once the dialogs appear.

Back to Premiere Elements 11 AVCHD burn to DVD or Folder.

Important questions:

a. Putting aside the "after" and ImgBurn, can you get a successful Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD with a burn to = Folder (4.7 GB)?

b. In the case of the .../AVCHD with burn to = disc (DVD), did you try another disc? Did you trying hitting the Rescan button?

Please view the above. Especially try the AVCHD DVD burn to folder to see if it works up to that point before you decide whether to download and install ImgBurn.

Where do you intend to play back this AVCHD DVD? The hard part about this should be finding a player for it.

More later.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to Jerry_Flip316

I use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download for all of my disc writing (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 3:22 PM   in reply to Jerry_Flip316

I do not try to burn AVCHD to a DVD, so can't comment... since Imgburn is free to download and use (paypal if you like the program) download and find out

PS - This is about Encore and ISO, but you should be able to create a BluRay folder of a SHORT video (no more than 20 minutes) and then burn that folder to a DVD using Imgburn... that "hybrid" DVD will NOT play back on a DVD player due to the higher data rate, it will require a BluRay player... if the Encore idea will even work for Premiere Elements... BluRay image on a DVD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/871854

Otherwise, for true AVCHD quality, you must have a BluRay burner and BluRay disc blanks

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to Jerry_Flip316

Jerry

Yes. Img Burn will take the BDMV Folder from the Premiere Elements burn to folder for AVCHD DVD and get it to your DVD disc in AVCHD format on DVD disc format in the correct File System for the disc.

I see no reason why the Sony brand DVD-R should not be OK. I use Verbatim DVD-R for this type and have had not had any problems. So, I am not sure what distinction you are making between DVD and HD DVD. The standard DVD-R 4.7 GB/120 min should do fine with a regular DVD burner drive. I have used lesser brands of disc for this task without problems, but I am going the recognized reliable way.

Do you need a step by step for your ImgBurn AVCHD DVD. If so, say the word, and I will supply whatever information that you need.

Also look at the spec's for your DVD burner to make sure there is nothing in the "fine print" to get in the way of our progress in this matter.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to Jerry_Flip316

Your other burning software MAY be the cause of your problem... if it is "stealing" control of the drive so PreElements may not communicate

Things and Software to AVOID when authoring/burning a disc... says Encore, but also applies to Premiere Elements and disc burning

Start --> http://forums.adobe.com/thread/608660

#2 has WHY Explained http://forums.adobe.com/thread/607390

Plus http://forums.adobe.com/thread/562941

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2013 9:18 AM   in reply to Jerry_Flip316

Jerry

Thanks for the follow up with the good news about the workaround and the tools used for the AVCHD DVD burn to folder workflow.

As for the Premiere Elements built in burn to disc AVCHD DVD

a. Have you gone the typical drill of checking out updates for burner driver and firmware?

b. Have you checked alternatives to the Memorex DVD-R as your disc? A few years back I had a situation where a whole batch of DVD-R discs were defective in that they would not be recognized by the burner drive that worked great with everything else including discs of the same type from the same manufacturer (but different lot). The manufacturer acknowledged a disc coding defect and replaced the lot of 50. Memorex was not involved in that particular episode.

c. Do you have access to an USB external DVD burner?

I will keep thinking about this one.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points