Skip navigation
grdnangl
Currently Being Moderated

How do I edit RAW photos in PSE11?

Sep 15, 2013 5:31 PM

When I open a RAW file it does not bring up the adjustment tab?  I'm not sure if I could have deleted this somehow from my workspace?  If so, how do I get it back or install it again?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 15, 2013 6:53 PM   in reply to grdnangl

What is the height of your screen? If it's too low, the raw converter doesn't appear. PSE just automatically does the conversion for you and opens the converted file.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to grdnangl

By "Adjustments Tab" are you talking about the Adobe Camera Raw plug-in that should open for Camera Raw type files, like this--which is what Barbara was referring to:

2013-09-16_215800.jpg

Or do you mean a tab in the Custom Workspace called Adjustments that you can get to by going to Expert mode and then clicking More at the lower right (and choosing Custom Workspace if necessary then clicking More again) and choosing Adjustments from the list, and then drag-and-drop the adjustment panel that appears over on top of the other tabs at the right if it doesn't already get included with them:

2013-09-16_220109.jpg

Or something else, where perhaps you can show us a screen-capture of your Edit workspace and tell us where you expect the tab to be.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 3:49 PM   in reply to grdnangl

ACR 6.3 is totally not compatible with PSE 11. Did you install it manually? If so, remove it and put back 7.1 or 7.2. Then if this isn't the mac app store version, go to Help>Updates to update it to 7.4.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 5:04 PM   in reply to grdnangl

If it's only on your desktop and  you didn't run it, no problem. Just right-click/control-click the little white box on your desktop to eject the installer. You would already have ACR 7.1 or 7.2 anyway. Go to Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Editor>About Plug-in to see which version is currently installed, then go to Help>Updates and PSE should update itself to 7.4.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points