Skip navigation
Christina428
Currently Being Moderated

Blank recordable CD not recognized by Audition

Sep 16, 2013 4:29 PM

Tags: #help #burning #audition #cds

I have a project that I'm trying to burn onto a CD, but whenever I insert a CD and try and burn it, I get a notice saying that "no media was found in the device."

I've tried using about 3 different CDs, and my computer is capable of both reading and burning CDs using other programs, so I know that the computer is capable of burning CDs.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to Christina428

Which version of Audition?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2013 3:19 AM   in reply to Christina428

We need to know a bit more about your computer system. Is it a PC or Mac? What operating system are you using? What is the CD burner drive? Which programmes recognise the CD burner?

If you insert a commercially recorded Cd into the drive can Audition "Extract Audio from CD" in the File menu?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 25, 2013 6:35 PM   in reply to Christina428

I'm having the exact same problem. Using Dell XPS 8700, Win8.1. Burner works fine on every other program but Audition. "No media was found in the device. Insert blank recordable CD media, close the tray, then try again.". I've updated drivers, updated audition cc, still nothing.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2014 5:06 AM   in reply to captpatch

I have the same exact issue with a Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 8.1. Has there been any resolution to this issue yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2014 6:48 PM   in reply to Christina428

Me too! Same Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 8.1.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2014 7:21 PM   in reply to Joe Blackledge

Okay, that's interesting.  Let's see if we can figure this one out.  Can you go to Search > Device Manager and expose the "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" item and post what the specific brand and model/version your optical drive is? 

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2014 6:36 AM   in reply to _durin_

HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH20N

That's all it says

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2014 7:27 AM   in reply to _durin_

Mine is PLDS DVD+-RW DH 16AES

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2014 9:02 AM   in reply to _durin_

HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CH20N

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2014 10:47 AM   in reply to captpatch

I found some information about people experiencing similar issues with the HL-DL-ST drive at http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/91135-nxt-pro-2-not-recognizing- disc-in-drive/  and similar reports in general with the Dell XPS 8700.  I'm still researching what might be happening, or if these drives may be using a new driver model that may not be supported by the CD Burning engine licensed in Audition.  As soon as I have more information, I'll follow-up.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2014 1:30 AM   in reply to Christina428

I also struggled with the same issue

I uninstalled "Intel rapid storage" which seems to solved the problem

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2014 7:00 AM   in reply to AparcheJP

I just tried the Intel Rapid Storage fix... It didn't work fo rme...

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 12, 2014 10:00 PM   in reply to _durin_

I am having the same issues with HL-DL-St drives. One is a Pioneer Blue Ray Drive and the other a DVD drive both interfaced using SATA. The Blue Ray Drive worked correctly in my old XP system and then failed to work after I rebuilt the system with a new ASUS 87Z motherboard and updated to 32bit Windows 7. As with the other reports here, neither drive recognizes fresh blank CD media. My work around was to buy a cheap external USB drive also of type HL-DL-ST however this does work correctly using USB. The Pioneer Blue Ray Drive is not type HL-DL-ST to my knowledge.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points