Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Gene

Sep 16, 2013 5:07 PM

With premiere Elements 10 how can I import a movie that has been digitized from film to a DVD?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 16, 2013 5:08 PM   in reply to linessharp

Put the DVD in your computer's disc drive and then use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From PC  DVD or DVD Camcorder to rip the video from the disc to your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to linessharp

I've no idea why the Get Media tool wouldn't work on a Mac. It works on my Mac.

Nonetheless, you can still copy the VOB files from the disc to your hard drive and then use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From Files and Folders to browse to them. (You can't drag the entire disc into Premiere Elemetns. You can only add the VOB files.)

This is all assuming, of course, that this is not a commercial disc or one that includes copy protection. Commercial DVDs include software to keep you from making copies of it or using it in an editing project.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 3:39 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

Just a question from a strictly Elements Windows user to an Elements Windows and Mac user....

If you put the DVD-VIDEO DVD into the burner tray of a Mac computer, do you have the same opportunity for Premiere Elements 10 Windows and Mac to use Get Media/"DVD Camcorder or PC DVD Drive"/Video Importer and then the Video Importer's Get Media? And, then have your VOBs on the Timeline?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Yep. I just did it as a test on my iMac OSX 10.8.4 and it works exactly the same as it does on my PC.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

SG

Many thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to linessharp

Also, Read Bill Hunt on editing a VOB file http://forums.adobe.com/thread/464549

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to linessharp

linessharp

Thanks for the follow up on your information. One of these days I hope to get a first hand look at Premiere Elements Mac.

I will probably remain a dedicated Windows Premiere Elements user, but it my curiosity gene always gets the better of me.

Little by little I am building my Premiere Elements Mac how tos and looking forward to seeing how the how tos work in reality.

Continued success with your projects.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points