Skip navigation
monaw@65
Currently Being Moderated

Removing photo's from Premier without losing them from the database.

Sep 16, 2013 7:32 PM

I have both elements premier 10 & elements 11. I mistakenly loaded some photo's into premier. How do I remove them without losing them from the photo data base? I have moved them from  elements premier to elements11, but when I delete from premier they are gone.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 16, 2013 8:55 PM   in reply to monaw@65

monaw

Please clarify. Please design your program as follows so as to eliminate any confusion as to what programs are involved.

Photoshop Elements 10

Premiere Elements 10

Photoshop Elements 11

Premiere Elements 11

Each one of the standalone program comes with an Elements Organizer.

And, when Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 10 (catalog). Also, when Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 are on the same Elements Organizer 11 computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 11 (catalog).

A lot of the following is going to depend on your clarification of program that you have, but....

1. Open Elements Organizer 10; go to File Menu/Catalog and let us know what it says in the Catalog Manager for catalog.

2. Open Elements Organizer 11, go to File Menu/Manage Catalog and let us know what it says in the Catalog Manager for current catalog.

3. Did you ever convert the Elements Organizer 10 catalog when you went to Elements Organizer 11 (if that is what you did)? If you did, back in the Catalog Manager dialog in Elements Organizer 10, you should see something like name of your 10 catalog with a 1 after it.

The answers to all of the above should give us a clear view of the situation. A just in case note, the thumbnails in the Elements Organizer are not the originals, they are just thumbnails which trace back to the originals. Do you have extensive catalog or catalogs with a lot of tagging and keyboards invested?

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions about anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points