Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CC Multicam - 2 camera angles being split into multiple tracks

Sep 17, 2013 11:12 AM

Tags: #pro #premiere #multiple #tracks #timeline #multicam #cc

I love CC's multicam feature, but keep having this problem:

In Pluraleyes, I would lay all my Cam 1 material on video track 1 (multiple clips), then Cam 2 on video track 2 (multiple clips), add my audio, and create a multicam track that kept all Cam 1 clips on track 1 and all Cam 2 clips on track 2.

in Premiere Pro CC, multicam creation can only be exectued via the browser, not the timeline. So Premiere syncs everything up and throws each clip onto the next video track up, leaving you with a mountain of timeline media that reads out tiny and jumps all over the place when viewed in the multicam monitor (see picture).

What I'm after:

- the ability to create multicam sequences based on the timeline (lay out all clips from each cam on whichever video track I want, select all, then choose "create multicam sequence") so that the end result isn't 20 video tracks I have to manually collapse into 2 (time waster).

Help Adobe?

thanks

jesse

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 10.58.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-17 at 11.11.45 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2013 2:12 PM   in reply to JesseSchluntz
    in Premiere Pro CC, multicam creation can only be exectued via the browser, not the timeline.

That is not true.  The original (and still best, I think) method of creating a multicam sequence still works just fine.

1. Create a sequence and add your clips.

2. Manually sync all clips.

3. Create a second sequence, and nest the first into it.

4. Right click that nested sequence and Enable Multicam.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 8:06 PM   in reply to JesseSchluntz

Not trying to be funny.

You may not like it, but that is the fix.  PP treats every clip as a new angle, nothing you can do about that.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 2:07 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

This worked perfectly for me. I have mutliple clips from each of my three cameras and I manually lined them up and just made sure to put all clips from the same camera on the same video track and when I created the nest and enabled multicam, it only had the three angles to choose from in the multicam editor, not an angle for each clip.

I know this takes more time than the autosync, but man it sure did save me some serious editing time in the long run.

Thanks Jim!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 3:42 PM   in reply to joep09

You're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 17, 2014 10:29 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I've just noticed the same thing. I ended up just manually rearranging the tracks to my liking after using the sync to audio feature- with one camera per track.

Depending on the type of shoot, I do think that Jim's old school method may actually be faster than the auto sync time- esp if you are using slates/ hand claps with paired stop/starts on A/V sources. Not so much with a live event maybe...

The real problem I'm having, is once I've got my multicam sequence to my liking, with 2 Vidtracks and 4 Aud, and deleting all empty tracks- When cutting the multicam footage into my actual sequences, it comes in with 18 Audio tracks!

No amount of track deselection helps with this.

This is going to be a real problem as I add new material into an existing a rough cut, with a temp 5 track mix.

Jim- any ideas on how I can specify only my best 1 or 2 tracks of audio for inserts/overwrite edits?

Many thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points