Skip navigation
drheidinger
Currently Being Moderated

HDR Effects Pro2 (Nik-Software PlugIn) out of Bridge CC

Sep 17, 2013 10:37 AM

I want to order HDR Effects Pro2 out of Bridge CC - get an alert: crash - but if I ask to do the same thing not in Photoshop CC, but in CS6 - it works! who knows what to do?

and before the upgrade to Mountain Lion, anything was okay in SnowLeopard

Richard

Mac Book Pro - 2,2 GHz - 4GB RAM

OS X 10.8.5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to drheidinger

Bridge is just a Browser, so assume the plugin is supposed to work with PS CC.  Are you running both is 64 bit mode?  4 gigs is marginal for CS6 and CC espeically for HDR I believe.  Can this be an issue?

Thrid Party Plugins can be problelmatic.  Most adise you contact Nik and describe the problem.  They are usually very helpful and will see if there is some code conflict, and adjust their plugin code accordingly.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to drheidinger

Do you actually run HDR Efex Pro 2 in Bridge or in Photoshop?

Not sure what this means  if I ask in Bridge CC - open with  PS CS6 -

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 11:23 AM   in reply to drheidinger

That is what I thought.  You would be better served to post in Photoshop Forum as others may have some ideas, or have used program.

Each program is a little different so it is not unusual that it works in CS6 and not CC.  THat keeps NIK and Adobe on its toes fixing conflicts.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop?view=discussions

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2014 4:40 AM   in reply to drheidinger

I had the same problem. I'm on a Mac and NIK collection and HDR eFex Pro 2 was showing up under tools in Bridge CS6, but not when I installed Bridge CC. Going to Peferences > Startup Scripts in Bridge CC showed that HDR Efex Pro 2 was not there to be enabled.

Clicking on 'Reveal My Start Up Scripts' showed the HDR Efex Pro 2 Script was not being seen. So the challenge is, how to get the HDR Efex Pro 2 Script into Bridge CC?

Here's what you do. Launch Adobe Bridge CS6. Go to Preferences > Startup Scripts the click on 'Reveal My Startup Scripts. In the folder that appears you should see a file called 'HDR Efex Pro 2.jsx' If so drag it out and copy it to your desktop.

Close down Bridge CS6 and launch Bridge CC. Go to Preferences > Startup Scripts and click on 'Reveal My Start Up Scripts'. Once the folder appears copy the HDR Efex Pro 2.jsx file from your desktop into the Startup Scripts folder, then quit Bridge CC and then relaunch it. You will get a prompt saying that HDR Efex Pro 2 has been added to you Startup Scripts, do you want to enable it, just click 'Yes' and 'Nik Collection' should now appear under 'Tools' in Bridge CC with HDR Efex Pro 2 enabled

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points