Skip navigation
Bill Tate
Currently Being Moderated

smartsound

Sep 17, 2013 3:01 PM

OK! I give up! What am I doing wrong? I am running the trial version of PE11 and I wanted to use smartsounds so I downloaded the Smartsound folder and it said that the  Smartsound installed correctly. However, when I click on Smartsound I get the message again to download smartsound. Will smartsound not work in the trial version?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2013 3:15 PM   in reply to Bill Tate

If you go to the TIPS http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_ tips?view=all the 4th entry discusses Smartsound

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 3:16 PM   in reply to Bill Tate

Bill Take

Please take a look at the following if all you want is the basic SmartSound soundtracks (there should be 10 free ones for Premiere Elements 11 Windows.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/installing-smartsound.html

If you want to get involved with the Sonicfire Pro, please see the announcement at the top of the Premiere Elements Forum.

Please let us know if any of that works for you with your tryout.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to Bill Tate

Bill Tate

Extra question...did you install the Premiere Elements 11 tryout on the same computer where you have Premiere Elements 7? If so, are you able to use the free SmartSound soundtracks with Premiere Elements 7?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 6:54 AM   in reply to Bill Tate

Bill Tate

If you have not already, please check out

Local Disc C

Program Files (x86)

SmartSound Software Folder

in the SmartSound Software Folder are some folders. Please see Common Data Folder there for the ReadMe file.

and

Local Disc C

Program Data

SmartSound Software Inc.

Please let us know if that target your question.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to Bill Tate

Bill,

Good news.

SmartSound has various tutorials on their Web site, though most do cover aspects of the Sonicfire Pro Scoring Edition (not the PrE Express Tracks version).

I wish that they would do a tutorial set for various host programs, but as the list includeds Adobe Premiere Elements, Premiere Pro, After Effects and then several other NLE programs from AVID/Pinnacle, etc., there would be many different tutorials involved.

I am working with SmartSound to update the Tips & Tricks SmartSound article, to reflect the changes in PrE 11 (hoping things will not change much with PrE 12). If that little project gets done, then I will likely create a tutorial, especially for PrE 11 (and/or PrE 12, when released). More to come - at least I hope so.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 2:46 PM   in reply to Bill Tate

Bill,

I have not picked up on any rumors yet. Usually, by about this time of year, a few are floating around. I just checked some usually pretty good sources, and nada - yet. My guess would be release of PrE 12 on October, 10. But remember, that is ONLY a guess.

Still waiting for some additional input from SmartSound, but they are usually very quick. Again with the guesses, they will get back to me on Monday, and then I will need to pass the final draft by them, for any corrections, or amendments. Should have something by late next week, and I will post a link to this thread, when it's done. I also have to determine the best way to publish the PrE 11 (and hopefully PrE 12) updates, as the existing SmartSound Tips & Tricks article was originally done a long time ago, when PrE used the SmartSound QuickTracks plug-in, as did PrPro, and Sonicfire Pro was ONLY a stand-alone program, at about version 3.5, IIRC. Much has changed, and while much of that article and the amendments still apply to older versions of Premiere (both Elements and Pro). That will take some major thought.

More to come,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points