Skip navigation
vanlazarus2013
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere CC Multicam View Blank!

Sep 17, 2013 5:00 PM

I've created a multicam sequence and placed it on the timeline.  When I go to edit the camera choices and select 'multicam' in in the preview window, the entire preview area is black.... nothing.... No camera clip options on the left and no selected output on the right.  Just all black.

I'm trying to edit MXF clips from two Canon XF100s.

I have version 7.0.1 of Premiere CC installed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2013 8:01 PM   in reply to vanlazarus2013

Do you at least see a yellow rectangle?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 7:19 PM   in reply to vanlazarus2013

You don't have to create sequence from clip, just enabling multicam is enough.

I came across this myself a little while back, you'll kick yourself when you realize how simple it is but before you realize its not easy to find at all.

When you enable multicam on your nested sequence, if you get a blank multicam view make sure you have the exact video track selected on the left of timeline, once you do your program monitor will show multicam.

Troy

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to vanlazarus2013

Or...perhaps your nested multicam clip wasn't on track #1? Troy_w1 is right that you shouldn't need to create a new sequence from the clip to get it to work but my guess is you had it on a different video track than track #1 perhaps? Your "new" sequence probably put it on track 1. Just a guess. Also, click the little wrench and you'll find a multicam button on that you can add to that program window for quicker access. Have fun!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points