Skip navigation
Trevor Dennis 5,941 posts
May 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Typekit

Sep 17, 2013 8:13 PM

It took me an hour or so of wondering why my CC Desktop App was still telling me that Typekit and File sync would be 'Coming soon' after getting the email from Adobe saying they are now available, and after I installed the new desktop tools.  I finally resorted to quitting the Desktop app and restarting it, and finally looked in the Options where there was an option to 'turn the new features on'.   It works perfectly.  The fonts are beautiful and there are lots of them, and it effectively works as an excellent font manager - something I'ce craved after for years.

Nice one Adobe

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 17, 2013 8:48 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Good to hear. I haven't tried them yet. Though I browsed a few times awhile back though. At the time, I felt it was lacking in the number of fonts most foundries create, but maybe once it has taken hold, and they are comforable with how they work and any security measures, I imagine, they will add the rest.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 11:33 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

I have a feeling that purchase tab, is to solve the question some have been asking about, when their account is closed, "What happens to all the site that were created using those fonts?"

My guess is that will be away for those users to keep fonts that they can not do away with for their design. As some of the default fonts could change the layout depending on their kerning, character widths, etc.

Another thought, is certain point sizes could be for  displays only and need to purchase larger sizes for print. Kind of like how shutterstock or Istock allows small images for display(within their restrictions though) and purchase print sizes.

At this point all we can do is guess though.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Hi Trevor.Dennis,

Thanks for the nice comments on the Typekit font browsing page!  In addition to the fonts in the library, you can purchase a web font license from one of the Typekit foundry partners and add it to your account:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/6783-bring-your-own-l icense-to-typekit

These additional fonts are then listed on your "Purchased" tab.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions!  Best,

-- liz

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points