Skip navigation
WBreden
Currently Being Moderated

How to switch from Single App subscription to Photoshop Photography Program offer?[was:Subscription]

Sep 18, 2013 12:16 AM

I am Subscriber of Photoshop CC for one year, paying a monthly fee of EUR 12, 29. May I change my subscription in order to get the advantages of your latest special offer (ending 31.12.13), and if yes what do have I to do and what do I have to pay in case I would change the subscription?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 18, 2013 12:16 AM   in reply to WBreden

See http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html#pslr-bundle

I am already a Creative Cloud member. Do I qualify for this offer?

Customers who have already joined a Creative Cloud Single App membership for Photoshop at the $9.99/month level (or corresponding local pricing matching the pricing provided in the question above) will be automatically transitioned to this new program when it ships in a few weeks, with the additional benefits and lower ongoing price.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 3:48 AM   in reply to WBreden

You shouldn't have to do anything. My single subscription to Photoshop CC has been converted automatically by Adobe to the new Photography subscription and the payments backdated. As of today, Lightroom has appeared in my CC list of Apps I can install, so I uninstalled my old regular LR copy, and installed the new one in CC.

Go to your Adobe account, look at your subscription, and you should find it has been converted already - mine had. If not, give them a ring.

Bob Frost

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to bob frost

I started my suscription May 2012 and my subscription was not upgraded today.

I called customer service , they switched me to tech suppport who sent me to sales who switched me back to customer service whom promptly (2 hours later):

CANCELLED my subscription (I don't know if they will charged me an early termination fee) and sent me BACK to sales.

Sales says I don't qualify now because I don't own a previous version of CS3 or later. I quoted the above paragraph from John, from the adobe FAQ pointing out no reference to owning anything just being a subscriber to single app Photoshop the for past 16 months.

Sent back to customer service, another 45 min on hold for supervisor. He trys pointing me to requirements. I remind him of Adobe FAQ.

Escalated to upper management We'll get back to you in 48 hours.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 18, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to troysica

I did not choose to even try CC but Photoshop Photography Program offer is tempting .   When I call about the Photoshop Photography Program offer and its terms I could not get a satisfactory  answer  or a commitment of what the renewal price will be September 2014. From the sales person I spoke so I ask for his supervisor all his supervisor could do was to suggest that I call the corporation.

From the Interviews I have seen with Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen the only costumers he care about are the corporate customers. He refuses to answer any question about prices and just want to talk about the value the cloud has for the corporations.

So I asked the supervisor for his boss he gave me his name but stated he could not give me a phone number or transfer me to him.   So far all I can seem to get is a voice box for his manager.  Such is Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 12:31 PM   in reply to JJMack

The email I got from Adobe today (after they had converted my old subscription to the new one) says that renewal next year will be at the "then-current price of this offering".

Bob Frost

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 18, 2013 1:27 PM   in reply to bob frost

bob frost wrote:

The email I got from Adobe today (after they had converted my old subscription to the new one) says that renewal next year will be at the "then-current price of this offering".

Bob Frost

The terms I see on the web is not written that way this is what is see

Renewal

After the first 12 months, we will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

Adobe sales can not give me anything in writing of what the actual renewal price will be in dollars

"the current price of the offering"  This current special offer is till December. 31, 2013 and will not exist at renewal time> It hard for me to believe that the price will remain $9.99 for the rest of my life though I am 72.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 3:34 PM   in reply to troysica

Customers who have already qualified as eligible to transition to this new program have already been informed. All other Creative Cloud members who meet the qualification requirements may contact Adobe Customer Service to discuss transitioning their membership to this new offer.

Note the statement, "who meet the qualification requirements."  Being a good, long term customer, or owning any suite, does not qualify.

It would probably be a good idea to consult your lawyer and have Valium available before trying to understand what Adobe is doing!

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 18, 2013 3:50 PM   in reply to JJMack

JJ, you could always just cancel if they raise it to a price you can't stand to pay.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 18, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

I have been paying Adobe for many many years Paying is not a problem getting answers and fixes from Adobe is a big problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2013 12:22 AM   in reply to JJMack

Why do you expect a business to tell you what it's prices will be in a years time? What other businesses do this? I think you are being unrealistic.

Bob Frost

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points