Skip navigation
gepatto
Currently Being Moderated

osmf:use both embedded cuepoints and dynamic quepoints and using seek fails,is it possible at all?

Sep 18, 2013 3:39 AM

I am tryin to use OSMF to play 4 videos that are divided into scenes using Navigation Cuepoints embedded into the f4v files using Media Encoder.

I also have a dynamic list of ActionScript cuepoints that is added for subtitling  ( subtitles are done by another company and can't be embedded in the f4v because more subtitles may be added later).

When I just play a f4v file from the beginning everything works, but when I use seek tot start a different! video on a scene (so start seeking as the video canSeek) the embedded cuepoints never trigger the onCuePoint event.

The weird thing is that normally the embedded_cuepoints seem to be copied to the DYNAMIC_CUEPOINTS_NAMESPACE !  When trace numMarkers on timeLineData in EMBEDDED_CUEPOINTS_NAMESPACE it only returns cuepoints that have been reached! however numMarkers on timeLineData in DYNAMIC_CUEPOINTS_NAMESPACE  returns the correct number of cuepoints.... but not when I use player.seek then teh DYNAMIC_CUEPOINTS_NAMESPACE return NULL

(this all happens even without adding teh actionscript cuepoints)

Can anyone shed some light?

Regards

Patrick

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points