Skip navigation
NikolayKapitan
Currently Being Moderated

CS6, updating Flash Player10 for extensions

Sep 18, 2013 10:05 AM

Tags: #extension

Hi,

I'm curious if possible to upgrade Flash10 that used intenally in Flash pro CS6 to latest version?

The main purpose to doing so is using this extension http://dragonbones.github.io/

This used plugin to export bones animation to Starling. In several cases the bitmap data becom more that 2048 and this extension could not work.

This is due limited bitmap size in Flash10. But this limitations was eliminated in Flash11. So is there any way to update internal Flash10 lib to Flash11?

Thanks,

Nick

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 18, 2013 11:21 AM   in reply to NikolayKapitan

Are you referring to the target you're publishing to? Flash CS6 comes with 11.4 pre-installed so I think you must be referring to something else (a standard CTRL+ENTER Capabilities.version shows WIN 11,4,402,278). Flash CS6 itself is app version 12.x. So I'm not really following what you mean about updating "flash internally".

You mentioned the texture size increase in FP11 to 2048 but were regarding bitmapdata. You can use much larger BMDs than that, from the docs:

In AIR 1.5 and Flash Player 10, the maximum size for a BitmapData object is 8,191 pixels in width or height, and the total number of pixels cannot exceed 16,777,215 pixels. (So, if a BitmapData object is 8,191 pixels wide, it can only be 2,048 pixels high.) In Flash Player 9 and earlier and AIR 1.1 and earlier, the limitation is 2,880 pixels in height and 2,880 in width.

Starting with AIR 3 and Flash player 11, the size limits for a BitmapData object have been removed. The maximum size of a bitmap is now dependent on the operating system.

So now there is no restriction to size (just your OS/hardware). I assume you're referring to Stage3D texture sizes which used to be 2048 but in the latest FP are actually 4096x4096 now and can be rectangular. 

Being the latest commit on DragonBones was 2 days ago I'm assuming it's not a library that's so old it only supports FP10.

What exactly is it you need to update?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 12:45 PM   in reply to NikolayKapitan

First I've heard of that but it looks like you already have your answer, CS6 manager uses FP10. I took a quick look in the extension manager (CS6) folder and I don't even see anything that looks in the realm of updating FP.

If you read the documentation for extension manager there are a lot of path tokens in the appendice, like the location of Flash (PDF here). What that makes me wonder is if you have ever updated your FlashPlayer.exe and FlashPlayerDebugger.exe in that location. Have you?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 7:32 AM   in reply to NikolayKapitan

It's a good find because I've looked around quite a bit and I can't find any information on that panel. The panel itself wasn't terribly well thought through. For example I wanted to install a MXP in CS5.5 but upon launching CS5.5's extension panel it kept trying to install it in CS6. It's almost like for certain apps there's 1 registry entry or OS path variable (e.g. $flash in that PDF) that points to one location Flash is installed, but doesn't take into account there may be 5 different versions installed.

You may want to put this in wishform and see if Adobe responds:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 7:44 AM   in reply to sinious

There are a lot of issues between the different CS products and versions. For example, when I installed CS6 InDesign, it installed CS6 Bridge without warning me, which broke my ability to right click and browse in CS5 Bridge. That wouldn't be an issue, but CS6 Bridge can't import files to PhotoShop CS 5.5 layers and cropping in Photoshop CS 6 is unusable (which is the thing I've used it most for).

You may want to try reinstalling the older extension manager, which is still available for download. After I did that I was able to manually launch it when I wanted to install extensions to older versions of CS.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to NikolayKapitan

You have to get the FlashPlayer.exe, FlashPlayerDebugger.exe and the globalplayer.swc from Adobe and put them in the right places.  For me I had,...

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Players\FlashPlayer.exe

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Players\Debug\FlashPlayerDebugger.exe

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Players\Release\FlashPlayer.exe

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\FP11.9\playerglobal.swc

Then you need to copy the file FlashPlayer11_4.xml to a new name FlashPlayer11_9.xml and make sure anything inside that said 11.4 was changed to 11.9,...

- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS6\Common\Configuration\Players\FlashPlayer11_9.xml

Also note well, that if you upgrade the playerglobal.swc, FlashPlayer.exe and FlashPlayerDebug.exe For Flash CS6 (and 5 I believe) it does NOT change the player that Flash uses to "test" with (i.e. CTRL+Enter).  The debug Player will be updated though (i.e. CTRL+Shift+Enter). 

I updated to FP 11.9 but CTRL+Enter still uses 11.4 as is revealed by tracing "Capabilities.version".

- CTRL+Enter         -> 11.4

- CTRL+Shift+Enter   -> 11.9

- double click SWF   -> 11.9

- in Firefox browser -> 11.9

As long as I use the Debug player  (i.e. CTRL+Shift+Enter) or choose Publish from the file menu the code is OK both in the stand alone Player when you double click a SWF, and in a browser.

I have heard it said that default Test FlashPlayer is hidden inside authplay.dll.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2013 8:37 AM   in reply to NikolayKapitan

ahh I see. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers