Skip navigation
gallows888
Currently Being Moderated

Flash to Illustrator CC conversion... possible?

Sep 24, 2013 10:12 AM

Tags: #illustrator #flash #import #convert #convert_to_ai

I've spent years drawing vector art in Flash, and recently decided to move to Illustrator (becasue that's really what I should have been using all along).

The trouble is, Flash art is strangly difficult to import into Illustrator. As recently as CS6, the easiest way that I found was to open the FLA in Flash, export it as an FXG, open the FXG in Illustrator, and save it as an AI.

Now in Illustrator CC, when you try to open an FXG, you get the raw XML, and not the image. So that puts a damper on this whole process.

Does anyone have any solution that I'm overlooking?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 26, 2013 10:28 PM   in reply to gallows888

I'm surprised Sudeshna Sarkar hasn't replied yet.

Adobe claims FXG isn't compatibile with 64-bit. Seeing as Adobe did away with supporting 32-bit....

Adobe claims "We will have vector export from Flash as one of the features for our next major update." This same line has been repeated over and over again...for the last 9 months at least!! Do a search for others running into the same difficulty.

Then, they recommend installing a third-party code to export as an SVG. Even if you feel brave enough to put on your programmer pants on to install the code, it only has been confirmed to work in some instances where the vector is simple.

I'm feeling your pain.

Best Wishes!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 27, 2013 1:34 AM   in reply to kpb410

kpb410 wrote:

Then, they recommend installing a third-party code to export as an SVG. Even if you feel brave enough to put on your programmer pants on to install the code, it only has been confirmed to work in some instances where the vector is simple.

If that is their recommendation, then why didn't they include it as a temporary point upgrade? After all SVG is suppose to be their format. I still say each department does not talk to the others. All adobe apps should support all adobe formats, period. Its in their best interest to promote themselves.

Anyway, enough ranting...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points