Skip navigation
mjgeorgian
Currently Being Moderated

Including "facebook type" messages in Premiere using After effects

Sep 20, 2013 1:08 AM

Hello,

I am putting together a video similar to this: http://openworkplace.yammer.com/?video=61680137&autoplay=1&ref=career_ growth

I got some very good advice in another forum suggesting that AE would be the best program to use. I downloaded a trial and am trying to figure out how to make these messages but I am very lost. Any help will be wholeheartedly appreciated.

Many thanks!!

mj

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 9:53 AM   in reply to mjgeorgian

AE is not a program you can just jump right into using. You need a good foundation in the basics. Happily, I can provide you with just such a resource - and it's free!

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 10:25 PM   in reply to mjgeorgian

The messages are nothing more than a type layer over a solid with some transparency and blend modes applied to the solid or shape layer. Position the popup text message where you want it to end up, put a light gray shape layer behind it masked or adjusted to the right size, set the blend mode to multiply, add a photo, then either add a null and parent these three layers to the null or pre-compose the text and background layer, collapse transformations to bring the blend mode along for the ride, and animate scale and position. Here I used the null.

Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 10.23.11 PM.png

If you have no idea of how to do what I just said then follow Szalam's advice.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points