Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Show up "linked files" in Bridge not available for files on Drive Volumes?

Sep 20, 2013 3:07 AM

Tags: #bridge #preview #drive #creativecloud #adobedrive #adobe_drive

If I save an InDesign file on my local hard drive, and put some pictures into that layout, I'm able to see placed documents in Adobe Bridge, indicated with a small chain symbol.

I'm also having a preview of my InDesign file in Bridge, and can flip through all pages of InDesign file.

If I save the same InDesign document and placed documents (and refresh links to source: Drive) on a Drive volume, the preview is gone, and also the possibilty to show up placed documents.

That's a really necessary feature for us, is there an explanation for that behaviour?

I'm working on a Mac Pro 4.1, running Mac OS X 10.8.5 and using Adobe Creative Cloud software (InDesign CC, Bridge CC).

Bridge_local_file.pngBridge_Drive_file.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to tbeyer1904

Are you by chance connecting to a CMIS compliant DAM using the CMIS Connector Adobe Drive provides? If so, the CMIS Connector does not currently support thumbnails and preview icons in Adobe Bridge nor thumbnails in the Show Versions dialog.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 18, 2014 4:21 AM   in reply to tbeyer1904

Hi,

I'don't know if you have resolved this issue since last year, but for your information With Adobe's Dam (eg AEM DAM) the issue remains...

Just as an improvement to your problem, with the AEM DAM we get the Thumbnail of the Indd File (but only for the first one I guess)

but the main issue eg the listing of referenced files is still missing.

The issue happen also, with referenced files in AI and Photoshop files.

In the last version of PhotoshopCC it's allowed to "place" external files in PS layers and keeping that link "dynamic".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)