Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Slow Render Time with AECS5 and Imported 3D PSD files

Sep 20, 2013 6:38 AM

Hello,

I am working with something new in AE this week and I am curious if I am doing something wrong.  I need to insert a 3D thumb tack PSD file I imported into AE with a film I am working on.  As a test I just wanted to see what quailty the pin would render out for the final because the preview in AE looked horrible.  So I have a static shot of the Thumb tack and it is going for 10 seconds.  I started the Render and it has been going for 9 minutes so far and still shows 1hr 28 minutes left.  I've rendered 8 minutes music videos in 45 minutes on this same PC.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?  I am using a PSD for 3D because I do not have 3D software.

thanks,

Rich

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 8:45 AM   in reply to richke76

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Yeah. Learn a 3D program. Sorry to be so cynical, but using any of Adobe's 3D tools is like trying to make fireproof pottery from PlayDoh. They are simply atrocious to the point where it's not worth wasting any time with them.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to richke76

Mylenium's answer---though seemingly unhelpful---is actually helpful. He is right that the exchange of 3D between Photoshop and After Effects is not worth bothering with. That's one reason why we got rid of it in later versions and began including Maxon Cinema 4D with After Effects.

For now, the only thing that I can tell you is that the very long render times are normal for the features that you are using.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 11:27 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

That's one reason why we got rid of it in later versions and began including Maxon Cinema 4D with After Effects.

...which in its current state isn't worth bothering with, either...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points