Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Panning over picture in PE11

Sep 20, 2013 5:37 AM

Do someone has a link to a DETAILED description how to use the panning option (toolbar) ? It's not in the standardpdf reference

I can work already with the zoom option (same button on toolbar) but a smooth panning over a still image is still a problem for me ...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 6:02 AM   in reply to fredowww66

Here's my tutorial on Youtube. It's an excerpt from my class at http://lynda.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhLBAT_kLHs

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to fredowww66

fredowww66

Maybe rethink SG's basic principle here.

Can we assume that you do not want any black borders creeping in as you do the left to right pan of your photo?

Assuming your 1080p50 5.1 channel project preset....

Import your photo (pixel dimensions needed for fine tuning of details, but...) and right click it on the Timeline and uncheck scale to frame size.

Then, fx Effects/Presets/and one of the Horizontal Image Pan Left to Right presets dragged into your photo on the Expert workspace Timeline.

After that, with the photo selected, you can go into Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Scale property (check mark next to Constrain Proportions) to scale the photo down just to the point where black borders appear in the panning and zooming. That is if you have a pan and zoom image that is zoomed in too much.

What do you think? Will that work for you?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to fredowww66

fredowww66

Thanks for the news about your project.

Those Effects Presets for pan or zoom can be helpful at times. The only negative using these Presets is that you can apply a pan OR zoom but not pan and zoom.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points