Skip navigation
K8 L
Currently Being Moderated

How can I retain the high resolution of images saved in a PDF?

Sep 20, 2013 6:52 AM

Tags: #image_quality #high_resolution #adobe_xi_pro #save_.pdf

I'm using the trial version of Acrobat XI. The images are 1440dpi but always save ate 120dpi. The PDF is for the content of a picture book so I need to be able to save them at a minimum of 300dpi. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to K8 L

Something to try -

In Acrobat's preferences select "Convert to PDF". Select the incoming image format. Use the "Edit" button to play with the configuration options.

As well, consider giving any Distiller job options in use a look-see. Look over the configuration  for "Images".

Be well...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 12:16 PM   in reply to K8 L

If you are printing to the Adobe PDF printer or using Distiller, select the job settings of either print or press. They will save graphics at a higher resolution. The default for color images in the Standard settings is 150 dpi. Press and Print default at 300 dpi. You can change there settings to a new settings file and increase the resolution if you desire.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 7:46 AM   in reply to K8 L

I think I maybe know why Word is making them tiny.

Suppose you have your a 144 dpi image that is 10 cm high. Now suppose you change the resolution to 1440 dpi. This must reduce the image size to 1 cm high.

So if you did that and placed in Word, it will show the "correct" size (i.e. 1 cm high). You can always scale images once in Word.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points