Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color profile question

Sep 20, 2013 9:50 AM

I'm using Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 Home Premium. I use Photoshop in conjunction with Lightroom 5.2. When I send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, and then convert the profile from prophoto, I expect to see the option sRGB IEC6196-2.1. If I open the 32-bit version that option is there. However, when using the 64-bit version (which I have been using exclusively) I just recently discovered that the profile isn't there. Photoshop is suggesting converting to eSRGB instead, and the other profile isn't even in the list of available profiles. My printing both at home and from labs is acceptable as far as matching is concerned. But I'm wondering why I don't have that profile.  Is there a way to add that profile to the list?

Replies
  • JJMack
    6,017 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to JimHess

What are your color settings? When I save a jpg without a profile in this case a new default Photoshop document saved as test.jpg using save for web including no profile and no metadata. When I open test.jpg in Photoshop with color setting the prompt when a profile is missing. This capture shows the pop-up window I get the captured image and what the current color setting are. I think Photoshop remembers settings from the last missing profile pop-up window. What are your color settings.  Also I would think the LR would save a profile in image files. I do not use LR.

cs.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points