Skip navigation
kaidow
Currently Being Moderated

After effects - issues

Sep 20, 2013 12:53 PM

Hello,

I'm working in after effects cs6. Here in the first screenshot of my composition window. Each one of the images scalle up towards the screen and then scales down back to it's orginal position. Then another one does the same.

My issue is if you look at screenshot 2, you see the image in the top left corner is showing over the larger image. How do I move the smaller images behind the larger image?

Thank you for any advice.

Screen shot 2013-09-20 at 10.29.47 AM.png

Screen shot 2013-09-20 at 10.23.13 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 1:30 PM   in reply to kaidow

Are you moving them in 3d space or just scaling them up and down?

If 3d space, then you've got something like layer styles or a 2d layer in between the layers which breaks the 3d interaction.

If you're just scaling them up and down, you're going to have to split the layers and arrange them how you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 2:47 PM   in reply to kaidow

kaidow wrote:

The layer controls moved, but the little image over the big one wouldn't disappear. I must me missing something somewhere.

Does this make sense?

Yes, you have something in your layer stack that's breaking the 3d rendering. Maybe you have an adjustment layer or something else 2D sitting between those layers. Or maybe you have a layer style applied somewhere.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to Szalam

Show us a screenshot of your Timeline panel, and we can more easily determine where the problem is.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 11:37 PM   in reply to kaidow

As Szalam said in answer 1 and 3, you have something that breaks 3D rendering. without seeing the propertiers of a layer untwirled completely, nobody can say what it is. Especially layer styles are conspicuous, even if they do not produce visible results. Just the empty Layer Styles property group being there will screw up things, so just to make sure do a right-click --> Layer Styles --> Remove All.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points