Skip navigation
pawprintnet
Currently Being Moderated

Audio out of sync after export

Sep 20, 2013 11:07 AM

Tags: #audio #export #sound #sync #premiere_cc

I have a 60fps AVCHD 1080p sequence that combines 30fps goPro footage with 60fps footage from a DV Cam and a few stills. The audio is a pro mix that was completed in Nuendo.

The entire rough edit exported to H.264 just fine however the audio coming back from the .aiff file from Audio Post is trailing the video by about 10 frames. It plays back fine in timeline but looses sync on export. (we used a 2-pop for alignment in the timeline)

I have tried everything I can think of to get the export to work - exporting to 30fps exporting to 60 fps, matching sequence export - all of them exhibit a loss of sync all the way through - any suggestions what might be causing this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 11:32 AM   in reply to pawprintnet

Try Render and Replace (Audio Options) then export again.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 1:16 PM   in reply to pawprintnet

Clip>Audio Options>Render and Replace.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 4:59 PM   in reply to pawprintnet

Bit depth won't affect sync at all, only dynamic range.  If you see a correlation, it's purely coincidental.

How are you viewing the exports?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2013 7:36 AM   in reply to pawprintnet

A good question to ask.  Nothing immediately stands out as an explanation for me either.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to pawprintnet

Having the same exact issue!  I have a video filmed at 23.9 FPS and a music video sent to me that is at 29.97 FPS.  Have tried exporting at 60 fps etc.  No fix.  Were you able to find a solution?  Mine plays back great on the timeline its just in export.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to kozm2r

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Adobe forums. Please try to export the project in xml by selecting the project panel and choose file/export/final cut pro xml and then create a new project and import that xml in the new project. Export that project and check.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:01 PM   in reply to Vinay Dwivedi

It's saying there a ton of translation issues..?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:04 PM   in reply to kozm2r

Ignore it and try to export. Please update if it fixes the sync issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:08 PM   in reply to Vinay Dwivedi

I am on a PC I don't know if that is an issue.  I export as XML and then try to import and nothing shows up on the new Timeline.?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:11 PM   in reply to kozm2r

Open the project bin and the folder that is created in project panel. You have to find the sequence and double click to open that sequence on the timeline.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:33 PM   in reply to Vinay Dwivedi

It shows a lot of things offline. I.E. Titles, Transitions, The whole music video.  Lower Thirds from A.E.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:43 PM   in reply to kozm2r

Xml does not translates AE files and if there are any issues in simplifying other files you will notice slant lines on it. Try to link the video again. It may be an issue with the project.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:47 PM   in reply to Vinay Dwivedi

tried a few times. no dice.  Our main footage is 23.97 and the music video is 29.97 I put the music video in it's own sequence and then brought that sequence over since it wasn't playing correcntly in the timeline.  I figured this would be just an easy fix in exporting but it doesn't seem so.  Is it not poaaible to have differnt footage sync up?  It works perfect in the timeline just when I export it looks bad. 

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:54 PM   in reply to kozm2r

Try to nest the sequence and check.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:59 PM   in reply to Vinay Dwivedi

Sorry that's what I did.  That's what we did to make the sync proper in the adobe timeline in teh first place.  At first it was not in sync.  Once I nest the sequnce and brought it in it played great on the timeline.  Not so much on teh export.   

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 24, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to pawprintnet

I might do that as we get closer to our deadline.  Thanks. 

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 6:18 PM   in reply to pawprintnet

I've had a recent issue come up for a few weeks. I capture a prores 59.9 1080i file in ProRes format. Send it straight to media encoder CC into MPEG2 (DVD format). Audio goes out of sync by a LARGE margin. This has happened multiple times, even with an uncompressed 8 bit capture file.

I drop the original capture file (ProRes or uncompressed) into Premiere, and it plays back/edits perfectly, and when I output to MP4, it seems to encode and playback perfectly.

HOWEVER, if I take that mp4 file and drop into media encoder again and try to create an MPEG 2 (DVD format), the output is a big mess (video chopped up, audio cuts in and out).

So it seems the issue for me is with the MPEG encoder. Is there any repair for just this codec?

-Going on a month of disasters with no relief in sight. ADOBE PLEASE HELP.

- BEN

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points