Skip navigation
jinpaterdzo123
Currently Being Moderated

Can't upload images

Sep 20, 2013 12:24 PM

I'm a newcomer to Dreamweaver. I have Dreamweaver CS6 for the Mac. When I try to "put" my shtml file to the remote server it works fine. But when I try to "put" images to the remote server, I get this message: "An FTP error occurred - cannot put elias_1.jpg.  An error occurred. Please contact your administrator." Can anybody out there help? THANKS!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to jinpaterdzo123

Have you contacted your hosting server administrator?

That looks like a possible permissions issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to jinpaterdzo123

Did you save images for the web as optimized jpgs in RGB mode before inserting them into your pages?

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to jinpaterdzo123

jinpaterdzo123 wrote:

Thanks, Jon. I'll ask the guy who helped set me up. In the meantime, I noticed something that may offer a clue: When I preview the site within Dreamweaver (emulating Firefox), it looks perfect. But when I view the page in Firefox itself, the images are missing....

DW doesn't emulate Firefox, or any other browser, when using Preview In Browser. It displays your local files in the actual browsers installed on your machine that you choose when you click the PIB button.

The only "emulation" DW does is a "mostly there" version of a Webkit browser (Safari/Chrome) when you use Live View.

Or do you mean you are browsing to a local file on your machine with Firefox and it won't load, where it will when you click Preview In Browser?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 20, 2013 1:54 PM   in reply to jinpaterdzo123

Nope, that's actually some version of Firefox installed on your machine that you're opening.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points