Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

This font not work with me after extracting it from pdf!

Sep 21, 2013 12:46 AM

Tags: #pdf

After extracting text from arabic pdf, there are font named "BCMCBO+Sultannormal", I extracted it but not worked with me although there are another fonts in the same file worked with me, why?,Please anyone answer me!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 21, 2013 3:02 AM   in reply to baccah

Fonts embedded inside PDFs are intended for use inside PDFs only. In some cases just extracting a font in a PDF might give you a font that also works outside the PDF, but that is coincidental.

If you wish to understand, why, polease read the font sections in the PDF standard (ISO 32000-1) as well as the applicable font format specifcations, or at least the TrueType specification and the PostScript Type 1 font specification, and related specifications (you will find all the pointers to these document in teh PDF standard, either under NMormative References or under Bibliography).

Olaf

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2013 4:30 AM   in reply to baccah

In all politeness - if you look at the PDF standard, and can't find the font section...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2013 7:34 AM   in reply to baccah

There are millions of fonts made by hundreds of thousands of designers. Some are sold, some are free, and some are for private use. Then there are unlimited fonts generated by programs.

We can't say whether you will be able to buy a matching font, but that still does not make it always possible (or legal) to extract and use fonts in a PDF.

You certainly need to read about font subsets.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points