Skip navigation
evermore50
Currently Being Moderated

Uneven pen pressure in Photoshop CS6 Extended with Wacom Intuos5

Sep 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Tags: #cs6 #pressure-sensitivity #wacom_issue

I got Photoshop CS6 Extended recently, but the lines I draw in it aren't smooth, like they should be (example below).

The tablet produces perfect lines in any other bit of software (Flash,  ToonBoom, etc.), but not Photoshop. I've tried lots of different  solutions (uninstalling and reinstalling it, reverting back to an  earlier driver, clearing preferences, etc.), to no avail. Oddly, my  Intuos3 works fine in Photoshop, for a few minutes, before it crashes. If I try to adjust the Wacom Tablet Properties for CS6, it doesn't recognize any changes, but if I adjust the settings for Photoshop CS4, it does. All Wacom Drivers are up-to-date.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be most appreciated.

BlotchyLines.png

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,925 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Sep 21, 2013 2:44 PM   in reply to evermore50

It's not the tablet properties.  Open up the Brush panel (F5) > Click on Brush tip shape > and set spacing to a low number.

Brush Spacing.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,925 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Sep 21, 2013 4:18 PM   in reply to evermore50

Either unclick Transfer, or look its settings.  You probably have Opacity and/or flow jitter set to Pen pressure.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,010 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Sep 22, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to evermore50

Have you tride resetting your preferences. I have CS2 and CS6 standard installed and hace a intuos5 here is what i see.

brush.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to evermore50

Did you try changing the pen nib?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2013 9:25 AM   in reply to evermore50

I've tried all of the above and had no results. I have the exact same issue as you, specially when working with a big brush. Even in the tablet settings panel I can see the sensitivity display go nuts after a certain threshold over 30% of pressure. I tend to use the hardest possible.  At this point I think it's probably a hardware problem with the pen or tablet surface but still, I had an intuos 3 for many years without any trouble and the intuos 5 is giving me problems now . Also I replied to you becouse this was kind of the only part of the internet where I could find the exact same issue with a screencap of it. thank's in advance to anyone that have a workaround or news about this!!!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points