Skip navigation
klk_adobe
Currently Being Moderated

ExtendScript example for Frame - changing tags by table column

Sep 23, 2013 8:18 AM

Tags: #framemaker #table #extendscript #column_tag

In the excellent book Unstructured Framemaker 11, there is Chapter 25 on using Extendscript, the only place I have seen

a cogent, coherent walkthrough of the history behind ExtendScript for Frame (evolving form the FDK) and an example showing good

design principles. The example shows how, starting from the small to the large tasks, select a cell, filter it for a criteria, and highlight the

cell, make these functions, then wrap these in functions that select all the tables of a specific name, then go through a document, etc.

I would like to learn more about Extendscript, I'm going through the Scripting Guide, but the key is the tweak for finding a specific column,

changing the tag for the heading cell of the column to a specified format, then changing the remaining "normal" cells of the column to a specified format.

That is the trick, since the heading cell needs have the option to be a different format, since the tag_name would help identify the rest of cells in the

column.

I'll come up with the main parts of the program, but it's the getting the specified column and specifying the heading cell and then the remaining

cells is the tricky part.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2013 9:30 AM   in reply to klk_adobe

Thanks for the kind words about the ExtendScript chapter in Matt Sullivan's book. OK, let's start at the beginning. Since you read the chapter, you know how important it is to start with a selection. We want to start with a single table containing the insertion point. Can you post code to will get us to the table that contains the insertion point? If so, I will provide the next step. If not, let me know, and I will get you started. Thanks.

Rick

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points