Skip navigation
kbannister1
Currently Being Moderated

Keep getting an error upon trying to download/install Adobe Reader XI

Sep 23, 2013 9:33 AM

I had Adobe Reader X, and now it has been blown away so now I cannot even read existing pdf files!!

Here is the error message:

Error 1303.The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0. The installation cannot continue. Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.Error 1303.The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0. The installation cannot continue. Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator.YesYes DoneDone

I tried following your website's instructions on adjusting Internet explorer settings, but that had no effect.

Please advise....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2013 3:04 PM   in reply to kbannister1

Download and run the Adobe Cleaner to remove any last remnants of Reader.

The download and run the offline installer from here:  http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 8:49 PM   in reply to kbannister1

If the above does not help, what are the permissions of that folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0 ?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to kbannister1

Had this problem and it turned out there was a file locking that directory.  Go to File Manager - look in your process list and you should see an Adobe Manager file running (sorry can't remember the exact filename). End that process and the 1.0 directory under ARM disappears.

Install Adobe Reader again, you should get no errors this time.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points