Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Title Disrupts Playback

Sep 23, 2013 2:40 PM

Dragging in title disrupts playback during title. The main video starts and stops Solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 23, 2013 3:52 PM   in reply to SardinasC

SardinasC

Lots more details and clarification are needed to help us help you.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. When you create a title in the Titler it automatically is placed on the Timeline and stays there while you create it in the Titler. When you close the Titler after you are finished creating the title, you can reopen the Timeline title in the Titler by double clicking it. So, what are you doing when you say "dragging in title disrupts playback during title"? You should not be dragging anything during playback.

a. Or...Are you saying that, by adding a title to the rest of the content on the Timeline, the whole Timeline content plays back bad poorly. If so, after you created the title and closed the Titler, did you "render" the Timeline by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard? If so, what did the playback look like then?

3. Then we get to questions about the nature of your project....

a. properties of what is on the Timeline

b. project preset for the project

4. Then we get to questions about your computer environment...

a. video card drive up to date?

b. computer optimized?

c. etc.

Let us stop here and check out the above and then decide what next. Remember, the answers are in the details.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 4:30 PM   in reply to SardinasC

Have you rendered your timeline (press Enter)?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to SardinasC

SardinasC

Thanks for your replies. But, many are being received here without a message included, especially the ones to me.

At the onset, I asked about whether or not you were rendering the Timeline content especially when you were dealing with your problem titles.

I never did get an answer to that or my other questions. But I see that you did post a reply to SG who later brought up the same subject of rendering the Timeline, and you wrote in reply to him

Thanks, Steve!  I’ve just learned to do that.  I didn’t see it in the Tutorials – at least as far as I got.

Does that mean that the answer to your problem titles was your need to render the Timeline titles after the titles were created? If so, are your problems solved?

My major focus is that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements workflow. So, if rendering the Timeline title(s) did not solve the problem, then please let us know and we will explore other possible causes of the problem that you detail.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 6:15 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

ATR,

I also saw those empty Replies, and assume that SardinasC was attempting to reply via an e-mail/POP client, and the text was not coming through. That is a common cause of empty Replies in this (and other) forum(s).

I am not sure exactly what the problem is, but it seems all too common. Where I see it in other forums, they are not using Jive, so can't pin the blame there.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 6:42 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt,

Has any work been done by the web people here to minimize this type of thing so as not to add on posting problems to the workflow problems for the already distressed Premiere Elements user?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 7:04 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I have not heard of such, but it might be way above my "pay grade."

I do know that Adobe and Jive have been working on developing easier "portable device" experiences, but nothing (that I have heard) on e-mail/POP. I expect to see an Adobe Forum app soon.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points